Aperi Development Status Meeting 08/27/07

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Brenda Haynes, Chris King, Christoph Reichert, Dave Wolfe, Greg McBride, Hans Lin, Ramani Routray, Rodica Ciurea, Simona Constantin, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane), LSI (Jenny Monesson)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • SAN Simulator contribution:
    • Third Party Contribution Questionnaires
      • Nothing new last week, but Tom has several request from Eclipse legal that have not been addressed from the previous week. He will try and get to those this week and forward to the appropriate team member for handling.
    • Current Critical bugs
      • Generated a quick and dirty list this week
      • Key defects are:
        • 199467 (CIM issue) – Christoph to address
        • 199312 Christop closed as an enh as this is new support for 5.2. Tom to move the priority up on this one. Christoph will size by tomorrow and work on this week so Hans can start test.
      • Will work with Hans to create dynamic reports from the wiki.
    • Aperi requirements process
      • Thanks to everyone that voted so far on the Requirements process.
      • Reminder that voting closes tomorrow. If all responses are a +1, the process will be approved.
    • Road map development - Requirements - timeline
      • Still looking for requirements input.
      • Host profile support on the list?
      • Currency – the new SMIS 1.2 level?
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
      • New build posted – please check it out
      • When critical defects are fixed, please post to aperi-dev so Todd can include in the next build.
      • Christoph tried the graphical installer, but ran into problems. He opened a defect.
      • Christoph noticed that the interim build did not have the incubation term in the name. Todd will put the term incubation in the builds from now on.
      • Todd received new logo from Jenny
  • Development items/issues:
    • Rodica’s Self-Contained NAS Profile design: Checkpoint on readiness. NetApp team.
    • Dave/Brenda to get feedback from the NetApp folks on this.
    • Still awaiting a response on this.
  • IDVT:
    • [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/Test/Status Test Status
    • IDVT scenario issues:
    • Hans working on test plan last week. It should be out for review/approval this week.
    • Hans assisted in getting NetApp support for Simona. Simona starting testing today.
  • ID:
    • Online help issue: Eclipse based or Java help based?
    • ID plan for R4
    • Going through line items in 0.4 release looking for descriptions
  • Action Items:
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 8/31/07 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Tom is searching for additional candidate.
Aperi Forum Tom 7/19/07 Suggested by Javier. Investigate setting up forums for Aperi communication. Looked into freepowerboards.com Friendly, easy to use, familiar to more forum users. Also includes a chat tool. Set up a sample forum http://www.freepowerboards.com/dhiwa/ Take a look and provide feedback. Checking out Eclipse IRC again
Document Control Tom 8/31/07 Write up text for Aperi document control.
Lessons Learned Follow-up Tom 8/29/07 Put results of Lessons Learned meeting for R0.3 into a table on the wiki with corresponding action items
cvs download statistics Tom 8/18/07 Investigate if we can get any numbers for our source code downloads.
  • Open Forum:
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting - 9/10/07
      • There will not be a meeting next week as it is a holiday in the U.S.