Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 08/20/07

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Brenda Haynes, Chris King, Christoph Reichert, Dave Wolfe, Dhiwakar Mani, Hans Lin, Rodica Ciurea, Steven Bennett, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane), LSI (Jenny Monesson)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • SAN Simulator contribution:
      • Code provided from Ramani last Thursday
      • Craig will load into cvs – looking for target date
      • Schedule to be built to track tasks related to Simulator code
    • Third Party Contribution Questionnaires
      • Several questions have come in from Eclipse Legal on many of our third party items as well as the SAN Simulator. Tom will distribute to the team to address.
    • Current Critical bugs
      • Simona fixed several critical bugs last week:
        • 199869 blo P3 Linu dwolfe@us.ibm.com RESO FIXE Data Agent crashes on SuSE 9, kernel 2.6.5-7.201-smp, java sun 1.5.0_11 or 1.5.0_12
        • 200255 maj P3 Wind simona_constantin@ro.ibm.com RESO FIXE The legacy NAS probe didn't return Filesystem/Disk Capacities information on a Linux platform
        • 200349 blo P1 Linu laverone@us.ibm.com RESO FIXE Inband Fabric Agent does not discover the HBA on Linux
      • Hans has two critical bugs for this week:
        • 199312 maj P3 Wind Christoph.reichert@de.ibm.com NEW Probe of DS8000 failed with CIM_ERR_INVALID_PARAMETER
        • 199467 nor P3 Wind Christoph.reichert@de.ibm.com NEW Unable to add CIMOM agent accepting 'any' uid/pw
      • Christoph will provide the timeframe to address these bugs
    • LinuxWorld
      • Looking for updates from Robert and/or Alex – Tom will ping
    • Aperi requirements process - Road map development
      • Tom mentioned this work at previous meetings and that it would be coming.
      • It was on the agenda at the Aper Community meeting last Thrusday, but we ran out of time to cover it in full. The team agreed to handle this via the mailing lists and the other meetings as well.
      • This is a high level process and a very quick read. Tom is asking that the team take a look at it before Wednesday, and provide comments. He will mention it again on Wednesday at the architecture meeting. The process will then be put up for a vote using the portal.

As the timeline is an instantiation of and not part of the process, it will be moved to another location in the wiki.

  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
      • Hans is requesting a build for today to pick up some late fixes. Todd will oblige.
  • Aperi Downloads:
    • Latest stats
      • Tom worked with the Eclipse Webmaster Denis to get downloads stats reinstated. The second DB server is still down, so Denis agreed to copy the DB every night and run the stats from the copy to avoind putting load on the remaining server. So, the stats are one day behind, but we have them.
    • Aperi webinar 123 views
  • Development items/issues:
  • ID:
    • Online help issue: Eclipse based or Java help based?
      • Chris has not yet heard back from the Sun folks on jh.jar
    • ID plan for R4
  • Action Items:
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 8/31/07 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Tom is searching for additional candidate.
Aperi Forum Tom 7/19/07 Suggested by Javier. Investigate setting up forums for Aperi communication. Looked into freepowerboards.com Friendly, easy to use, familiar to more forum users. Also includes a chat tool. Set up a sample forum http://www.freepowerboards.com/dhiwa/ Take a look and provide feedback. Checking out Eclipse IRC again
Document Control Tom 8/31/07 Write up text for Aperi document control.
Lessons Learned Follow-up Tom 8/29/07 Put results of Lessons Learned meeting for R0.3 into a table on the wiki with corresponding action items
cvs download statistics Tom 8/18/07 Investigate if we can get any numbers for our source code downloads.
  • Open Forum:
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting - 8/27/07