Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 08/04/08

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Dial in numbers:

Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 003399

Attendees:

IBM (Al Heitman, Dave Wolfe, Todd Singleton, Chris King, martine)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • Installer Issue
      • Issues surfaced in June that Eclipse installers are not allowed to download non-approved 3rd party libraries.
      • One of the suggestions that came from our meeting with Bjorn was to make the unapproved libraries optional by providing the functions in an alternate way that doesn’t require the unapproved libraries.
      • Al submitted IPzilla Contribution Questionnaire for Apache Geronimo. Eclipse needs the source code for the jar file we want to include. Al is working on parsing down the source zip. It may take a while as there are about 2500 files in the jar Aperi is using.
      • DoJo not approved. If we can make DoJo optional by providing an alternative panel, then it is ok to offer the DoJo if the customer wishes to accept the license. Martine is investigating the DoJo panel and alternate option. Al will investigate a later version. It appears there is a version (1.x?) that is pending approval state. Martine will work with Dave to determine whether to make DoJo optional or move to the version that is pending approval.
    • Misc. Project Info
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • Still need milestones for Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec. from Brocade. Al sent a request to John for milestone details.
      • Still need milestones for Linux HA Cluster support from Novell. Robert indicated he could provide that in May. Al sent a request to Robert for any milestone details.
      • Al working on schedule update to incorporate iterative ideas from Dave and Todd into the plan. We had a meeting with Todd and Dave last week to flush this out further. Al working on a schedule update for Todd to work on updating the Aperi SRM framework to incorporate SSO in the existing launch capabilities. Dave is working on the details of LIC iterations. I have moved the Eclipse based help development item to Himanshu.
      • Al needs to work with Dave on pedigree review of LIC XML spec. definition. So far, have received support from the other stakeholders to make the spec. public. There were some issues raised about compatibility and I have asked Martine to help Dave resolve these. Martine will make this a priority this week. Al mentioned that we need to get this finalized so we can go through the open source donation process.
    • Aperi Committers:
      • The following committers still need the legal “paperwork” completed before full committer access is granted.
        • John Crandall
        • Jenny Monesson
        • Martine has completed the paperwork phase and is now a full committer. Congratulations to Martine!
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status/process
      • Todd posted the lastest SAN Simulator code to Aperi.
      • Al will look at the build logs for the 3rd party compile problem.
  • Aperi Downloads:
    • July totals are 721 downloads so far this month with 337 for the SRM Application and 384 for the SAN Simulator.
    • Al will update the downloads chart with July totals later today.
    • Latest stats
  • Development items/issues:
    • SSO – Todd complete the STS client code and checked it in. He is going to update the client to the latest Higgins code this week. Todd also posted a “how to” document to the Aperi wiki but has to make an update based on the latest Higgins code. He has 3rd party libraries from the Eclipse Higgins project that will need CQ’s submitted to get Eclipse IP approval for the Aperi project. Todd sent Al the list and Al started investigating previous CQ’s. There are 28 jars that are introduced so Al started a spreadsheet to keep track of the list. Al didn’t find matches for previous IPzilla CQ’s and some were missing version info. Todd will update the how to documentation for the latest Higgins war file. Todd still working on SRM app. Schedule detail. Todd reported the Higgins STS server is pretty stable now
    • LIC – Dave couldn’t make today’s meeting. He is working on a rollout plan for the LIC. Al will work with Dave to update the project plan to incorporate the additional rollout items and task details. Martine is working with SNIA to make non-CIM based clients compatible with CIM based ones. Dave started the effort with the CMS based approach. However, when Martine went to SNIA for CIM SMIS LIC update, one of the side conversations is to standardize the XML spec. for non CIM based clients. One suggestion is to serialize the CIM into XML, then no need for the CMS based model and the implementations are compatible. Martine and Dave will make a decision this week, to either go with serialized CIM SMIS based XML or the CMS based mode.
    • SAN Simulator - The code is checked into CVS. Todd completed the final build last week. We need to get committer community to do a code review before we release it. Al asked Ramani to initiate the code review via the Aperi-Dev. Ramani is not on the call so Al will send him a note to get his latest status.
    • Java Help – Chris/Himanshu - This activity is scheduled to start in the next few weeks. This item has moved to Himanshu to free Todd up to work on SSO. Chris can start on his items and the conversions prior to the development item. Dave suggested to post a help wanted add on the Eclipse site to get help with this item.
    • Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec – need update from John.
    • Linux HA cluster support – need update from Robert.
  • IDVT:
  • ID:
    • Chris has completed the Aperi M5 ID plan. He put a version out on wiki and will start a review early this week. He will use the new proposed document review process to review the doc.
  • Project Schedule:
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Al 08/31/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Discussed with Tom last week. Bjorn has a list of mentors we can use. Al to follow up with Bjorn.
Document Control Al 08/31/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Al wrote up a proposal process to review documents here -> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Document_Review_and_Approval_Process. Al initiated a review on Aperi-Dev. Comments are starting to come in. Once the review is complete and the comments are displaced, Al will initiate a vote to adopt the process.