Aperi Development Status Meeting 07/23/07

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

IBM (Brenda Haynes, Christoph Reichert, Craig Laverone, Dhiwakar Mani, Greg McBride, Hans Lin, Simona Constantin, Steven Bennett, Tom Guinane), LSI (Jenny Monessen)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • Dhiwakar Mani is participating in the IBM summer internship program and will be working with the Aperi team. He is a student at San Jose State in the Software Engineering masters program. Welcome Dhiwakar!
      • He has hit the ground running and started the Aperi install last Friday. He ran into a few problems and has some feedback for us.
    • Aperi webinar
      • Location of webinar recording:
      • Tom to find out if we can track downloads of the webinars. - The Eclipse Live page automatically tracks the views of a media file so we can see how many people access it. Tom has asked the support team if we can obtain any more detailed information on these views.
    • SAN Simulator contribution
      • Craig
    • Third Party Contribution Questionnaires
    • LinuxWorld
      • We have a great opportunity to participate in the upcoming LinuxWorld (Aug. 7- Aug. 9) in San Francisco. Eclipse has a 10'x10' booth in the .Org Pavilion, and they have offered the Aperi project to staff six time slots over the three-day event. See Allen Marin’s append on aperi-dev for more information. If you are in the Bay Area or will be at LinuxWorld, we could use your help to staff one of these time slots. Please take a look at the available time slots and send a note through the mailing list as soon as you can, so we can make arrangements with Eclipse. Thanks!
      • Aperi at LinuxWorld:
Time Tuesday, Aug. 7 Wednesday, Aug. 8 Thursday, Aug. 9
10:00 – 12:00
2:00 – 3:30 (to 4:00)
      • Tom to double check with Allen regarding expo badges.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
      • The Beaverton lab was down for a few days last week. Todd will post a new one on Tuesday.
    • Install status – DB2
    • Europa migration status:
      • Download and run smoke tests for our familiar components. Any other problems?
      • Hans could not bring up the GUI with new Europa build. He wil try this with the new build tomorrow.
  • IDVT:
    • [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/Test/Status Test Status
    • IDVT scenario issues:
      • Break task #128 NAS Profile into 3 subtasks as
        • NAS SMI-S Array profile support - 07/02 - 07/09
        • NAS SMI-S Self-Contained profile support - 07/10 - 07/13
        • NAS Unified Storage Appliance Report - 07/18 - 07/20
    • Hans to work with Christoph on Unit Test
  • ID:
    • Online help issue: Eclipse based or Java help based?
    • ID plan for R4
  • Action Items:
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 7/24/07 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Tom has started a list of [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mentors potential mentor names. Harm Sluiman has agreed to be out mentor. *** Tom is searching for additional candidate. Tom talked to Harm two weeks ago – details below ***
Web Meetings Tom 7/17/07 Suggested by Javier. Investigate using web meetings for Aperi
Aperi Forum Tom 7/19/07 Suggested by Javier. Investigate setting up forums for Aperi communication
Document Control Tom 7/16/07 Write up text for Aperi document control.
Lessons Learned Follow-up Tom 7/18/07 Put results of Lessons Learned meeting for R0.3 into a table on the wiki with corresponding action items
cvs download statistics Tom 7/26/07 Investigate if we can get any numbers for our source code downloads.
  • Open Forum:
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting - 7/23/07
      • Phone number change – will post on wiki and resend meeting invites