WTP Development Status
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
To join the call: >> https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/6300031838 <<
Next Meeting Date: February 24, 2022 for 3.25RC1 (1 week)
Announcements And Special Reports
- The EMO has requested the addition of the now-mandatory files: README, LICENSE and CONTRIBUTING, to the main repositories, and to consider adding files: NOTICES, CODE OF CONDUCT and SECURITY. It's also a good opportunity to do something other than work on source code, dependencies, and builds. There's a documentation generator at https://www.eclipse.org/projects/tools/documentation.php?id=webtools (adjust for the appropriate project) for starting the three required files, plus NOTICES, and you can adopt the security and CoC files from https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/.github if you find them agreeable. You can also look at the Source Editing repository if you're curious about what else you might want to include or change from the generated versions.
- Our milestone/release schedule have been reset to align with the 2022-03 Simultaneous Release.
- Due to lower activity, meetings will typically now be on the day a milestone candidate is built.
Sync these calendars along with your Google account
Main Agenda Items
- New versions of key facets have yet to be added for Jakarta EE 9, even as more and more Jakarta EE 9 servers are being released.
- CDI 3.0
- EAR 9
- EJB 4.0
- JPA 3.0
- JSTL 2.0 (did we have a JSTL facet?)
- JSF 3
- JSF 4?
WTP 3.25 for Eclipse 4.23 and IDE 2022-03
- Java EE wizards are not entirely respecting the package name changes. The Servlet wizard should be fully functional, but the Filter and Listener wizards still need work.
- Dali and Web Services have consistently failing tests. Orbit has added the Jakarta EE 8 versions of APIs that were removed in Java 11, making those usable as potential solutions.
- The early 2021 update to Xerces is causing many unresolved failures in the Source Editing XPath tests, although they mostly look like changes to how whitespace is handled in the output from the newer library version. The other functional failures have been addressed.
- SimRel FAQ and Plan
- Bugzilla naming: Put the simrel into the Version that's reported against, e.g. "3.24 (2021-12)" or "2021-12 (3.24)" since that's filled in by reporters, but keep the Target Milestone simple as before (3.25, 3.25 M1, etc.) so that bug queries don't get too convoluted.
- Schedule is for 13 weeks, 4 cycles per year:
- one week decompress and plan
- (3) three week milestones
- one week RC1, changes require Project Lead approval
- one week RC2, changes require Project Lead and PMC +1 approval
- one week quiet and release
- We meet roughly once per Milestone / RC scheduled for 1 week on the candidate build day. Declare is 5 days later with the corresponding EPP 2 days after that, and official SimRel/IDE availability one day after that. WTP 3.25 and Eclipse IDE 2022-03 release on March 16, 2022.
Bug and Feature Highlights
Blockers, Hot-Bugs, Hot-Features
Focus On Quality
- Compiler Warnings Per Project (click link at left, then scroll down for the warnings table)
- 2019-11-21: 148,327 (3 high severity)
- 2019-10-02: 148,358 (2 high severity)
- 2019-06-28: 148,342 (2 high severity)
- 2019-05-22: 148,357 (3 high severity)
- 2019-05-15: 148,358 (4 high severity)
- 2019-03-06: 148,307 (3 high severity)
- 2019-02-14: 148,311 (4)
- 2018-11-09: 148,353 (25)
- 2018-09-26: 148,372 (23)
- 2018-08-16: 148,353 (4)
- 2018-07-05: 148,272
- ↑ Hotbug Policy
- ↑ Hotfeature Policy