WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
The Server Team continues to grow! Meet Oceana Lily Vera
Dave Carver mentioned that Arch. Council will be publishing some new recommended bug-triage process. He'll post details to wtp-dev. The idea is that projects have a consistent approach so that the community of bug reporters understand the different states and processes. Hopefully it won't be anything too out of line with our current process.
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Concurrency discussion
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before October 1st, 2008 (51, 47, 38, 34, 23)
- Mark invalid patches as obsolete
- Target bugs to a release or "future" if not a current release
- Upcoming Focus item
- Past Focus Items
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before June 1st, 2008 (64, 36, 21, 9, 0)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Ready to declare weekly build?
- April 10 - M build
- April 24 - M build
- May 8 - RC1
- All changes after May 8 require PMC approval (1 vote)
- May 15 - RC2
- All changes after May 15 require PMC approval (2 votes)
- May 22 - final build
- May 29 - 3.0.5 GA
- Ready to declare weekly build?
now is the time to check and update our Project Plans
- Remember to list exceptions to feature-freeze-by-M6.
- First, mark for PMC approval (just using flag and email addresses, no whiteboard based summaries).
- One approval is enough. Once approved, list it in last section of
Past time for Project Leads to update "automatic" IP Logs. See Development_Resources/Automatic IP Log
Our initial schedule was based on Platform's proposed schedule.
The official "must do" schedule is the +2 category in the Galileo Simultaneous Release.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- M6 -> Wednesday, March 18 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M7 -> Tuesday, May 5 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> Tuesday, May 19 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> Tuesday, May 26 WTP may not participate in an RC2 (based on based on previous years, RC2 comes too soon, needed more fixing effort, less testing)
- RC3 -> Tuesday, June 2 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Tuesday, June 9 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Tuesday, June 16 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Wednesday, June 24
Bob Fraser and Nova the look and feel: (see bug 261721)
Good progress on getting ready/moving to Nova and simplifying. We should re-look at our "people pages" and see if we can use something that is more built-in to Eclipse. (I heard at one point, Eclipse Foundation was working on something similar).
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.