Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
WTP 2.0 API Delta
The following is a summary of the API changes between WTP 1.5 and 2.0: edit
IDvalue given for extensions to
org.eclipse.wst.common.snippets.SnippetContributionscan now be accessed programmatically
- Declared the
org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.tagsourceContent Type for JSP 2.0 Simple Tag Extension files
org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.taglib.ITaglibIndexDeltaare now API interfaces; the API versions have breaking changes from earlier unsupported revisions
- The following
hyperlinkDetectorTargetswere set up, so adopters can target their hyperlink detectors to the xml, schema, wsdl, html, jsp editors via the
org.eclipse.core.runtime.xml, org.eclipse.wst.xsd.core.xsdsource, org.eclipse.wst.wsdl.wsdlsource, org.eclipse.wst.html.core.htmlsource, org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.jspsource
- API support for external (non-workspace) modules added via
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.IModule.isExternal()and associated methods in
- New API methods added to
- Support for server scheduling rules added to
- Support for multiple artifacts in a single selection added via
org.eclipse.wst.server.model.ModuleArtifactDelegateadded as an abstract class (including additional support) for all artifact delegates.
- Performance improvements added via new methods to
- Support for better restarting added via
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.util.PublishUtilmoved from jst.server and added to API.
- Run on Server added to API via
org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.ServerUIUtilprovides additional methods to display new runtime and new server wizards.
org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.FacetRuntimeComponentLabelProviderprovides a new facet runtime label provider.
- Enhanced profiler support for TPTP in jst.server in provisional API.
WebServices and WSDL
- The Web Services Explorer now supports a pluggable transport and message stack. A new extension point, org.eclipse.wst.ws.explorer.wseTransportProvider, has been added to the Web Services Explorer. This extension point entry allows an extender to plug in a new factory for creating org.eclipse.wst.ws.internal.explorer.transport.ISOAPTransport instances. The ISOAPTranport class is used by the Web Services Explorer for invoking Web services operations that uses the SOAP message protocol. The factory must implement the org.eclipse.wst.ws.internal.explorer.transport.ISOAPTransportProvider interface. Other supporting classes/interfaces which are part of this internal API can be found in the org.eclipse.wst.ws.internal.explorer.transport package.
- A new optional attribute mergerClass is introduced in the Web services implementation type extension point org.eclipse.jst.ws.consumption.ui.wsImpl. This mergerClass should implement the newly defined org.eclipse.wst.ws.internal.wsrt.IMerger interface which contains a load() and merge() method. This class is used for the purpose of Web services skeleton file merging for the Web service implementation type.
- Adopters of the Web services creation framework can now use the same Web services pop-ups provided by the framework to process their custom types. They just need to provide an IAdapterFactory that adapts that custom type to IFile or String and register the factory with the Platform's AdapterManager (or extends the org.eclipse.core.runtime.adapters extension). There might be sematic changes post WTP 2.0 to change the type of object the custom types should be adapted to.
- Application Configuration Resource File ("faces-config.xml") Model: Packages,
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.facesconfig.*, provide programmatic access and manipulation of the standard JSF application configuration resource file (e.g. "faces-config.xml").
- Design-Time Application Framework: Packages,
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.designtime.*, simulates certain JSF runtime behavior (currently mainly EL variable/property resolution) at designtime and provides API for adopters to add the same for their custom extension of the JSF runtime (i.e. custom VariableResolver).
- Model Context Framework: Packages,
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.common.context, provides a generic way to describe specific instance contexts within an arbitrary model and derive orthogonal information about that context through related resolvers.
org.eclipse.jst.jsf.common.util, provides utility classes for manipulating JDT IType's, primarily as Java Beans.
JPT - Dali JPA Tools
- None: No Public API's have been defined for this release due to the fact that our models are not quite at the correct level of maturity. The hope is that adopter feedback as a result of working with the release will allow us to harden the model and declare real API for future releases. See bug 178653 for more information.