Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
This page contains obsolete information about the VPM based VIATRA2 and preserved for archive purposes only.
The currently maintained wiki is available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/VIATRA
We need to point out that the underlying modeling and transformation concepts of VIATRA2 are nonstandard.
- the model management framework (VIATRA2/Model_Space) is more expressive than MOF / EMF,
- the VIATRA2 Transformation Language is not QVT, but combines formal techniques being in use for more than 15 years.
Anyhow, VIATRA2 plans to support related standards by offering
- powerful and extensible model importers and exporters
- exporters/importers of other transformation languages (e.g. QVT)
- domain specific languages integrated to the framework as VIATRA2 (and thus Eclipse) plug-ins.