Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Mik Kersten, Dave Mitropoulos-Rundus, Raji Akella, Kimberley Peter, Neil Hauge, Susan Yeshin
Discussion about how to advertise the existence of this group and the work that is going on. When we get closer to having something to say, we will use blogs and mailing lists to broadcast the group's activities.
Discussion about resources
Q: Should we troll mailing lists to get more resources?
A: Not until we have a core set of content available.
Plan for M7
We would like to have an initial offering for the M7 milestone. What we would like to include:
- Some/all of the V2.1 User Interface Guidelines have been converted to the new template and are part of the V3.x Guidelines
- Finish the current work that is in the Draft V3.x Guidelines and the sandboxes linked from the talk page
- A top 10 good UI things list and a top 10 bad UI things list
Discussion of conversion of the 2.1 guidelines
We came up with the following way to distribute and track the work:
- Post a comment on the talk page
- Create a sandbox area on the wiki linked to from the talk page
- Send an email to ui-best-practices-working-group mailing list telling people what you are working on and where to find your sandbox
Discussion of screenshots
When taking screenshots to be used in the guidelines:
- Use Windows XP
- Use the Windows XP silver theme
- No image is to be bigger than 1024 pixels (wide) - Most view and editor shots will be smaller
- Eclipse Windows only - no desktop matter
- Kimberley to send out a draft top 10 list
- Various contributors will do conversions. So far this includes:
- Sue = Susan Yeshin ... Message Rules (3.x) and something from TBD (from 2.1)
- Raji = Raji Akella ... TBD (something from 2.1)
- Neal = Neil Hauge ... Properties Tab (3.x)
- Kim = Kim Peter ... UI Graphics conversion (3.x) & image updates to 2.1 wizard sentence issues
Next meeting will be on March 28th. Tod Creasey will give a UI walkthough of the Platform UI from Europa M6.