Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
New and Noteworthy
- p2 repository index files are now xz-compressed by default for better compression ratios (with jar/xml index files kept by default as a fallback for compatibility with pre-Mars p2 clients (
- Support for JUnit categories has been added. (
bug 386964). You can now include and/or exclude tests annotated with @Category.
- The eclipse bundles used by Tycho internally (mostly p2) have been updated to Neon M6 (
- As a consequence, Tycho now requires Java 8 to run
- tycho-versions-plugin will now extend version ranges if the new version would be outside the range (
bug 477328and ( bug 478996)
Feature Version Qualifiers
When computing aggregated qualifiers for features, Tycho will now recognize timestamps in the following form anywhere within the qualifier of direct included features or bundles (
List of JVM arguments for the EclipseRun Plugin
The one-line-parameter <argLine> has been deprecated. JVM parameters can be configured now as a list of arguments (
<jvmArgs> <args>-Xdebug</args> <args>-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=1044</args> </jvmArgs>