Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Tycho 0.20.0 adds support for building product distributions which have features installed at root level, so that they can be updated independently of the product. This was a highly wanted feature - with 18 votes at the time this was implemented. To install a feature at root level, just mark it with installMode="root" in the product file (see Tycho/eclipse-repository for details).
New and Noteworthy
- Product files can now specify that a feature shall be installed at root level in the installation (bug 361722). These features can be updated (or even uninstalled) independently from the product. See Tycho/eclipse-repository for details on the syntax.
- The tycho-pack200a:normalize goal now has a skip flag to allow skipping normalization when skipping signing (bug 421301)
- Rely on the 'abstract' modifier to identify abstract test classes rather than using a naming convention.This means that test classes named **/Abstract*Test.class or **/Abstract*TestCase.class are no longer generally excluded from the test execution, but only if they are marked as 'abstract' (see bug 389509).
- More reliably terminate forked test processes (bug 427556). Before being fixed, this bug could have caused orphaned test execution JVM processes to live on forever, consuming resources and accumulating system load.
- A new Tycho Document Bundle Plugin has been contributed (bug 425021). It can be used to generate javadoc and the corresponding toc.xml files for the Eclipse help system. See the example project
- The tycho-p2-extras:mirror goal now allows to specify the target repository name (bug 358748)
- Added documentation for the tycho-versions-plugin:set-versions goal.