Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
- Target: IBM Java 1.5 (latest SR) and XP/x86.
- Developers are expected to unit test on reference platform before check-in.
- Nightly builds invoke automated test execution on reference platform.
- Goal to use a second reference platform for better test coverage (target: Sun Java 5 and Linux/x86).
- Move to Java 6 once a complete test pass is completed to expose initial defects.
Common Test Infrastructure
- ASF integrated with the TPTP builds (invoked via ANT):
- Invoke tests.
- Interrogate results.
- Generate test reports.
- TPTP test types:
- AGR for functional UI testing.
- TPTP JUnit and TPTP JUnit Plug-in test for unit testing.
- TPTP build infrastructure:
- Extract test suites from CVS.
- Provision reference platform (Agent Controller and Eclipse/TPTP).
- Install and configure Agent Controller and Eclipse/TPTP on the reference platform.
- Clean-up reference platform.
- Post test reports (test and code coverage) on TPTP web site.
- Reviewed the TPTP Testing Strategy.
- Reviewed comments and questions with Paul.
- Completed port of existing profiler automated tests to used the Test Project framework (JUnit tests).
- Located a dedicate test machine for the target platform.
- Reviewing ASF documentation and experimenting with sample code from Joe Toomey.
- October 31:
- Complete the testing process, extending the existing TPTP Testing Strategy.
- Profiler test suite automation.
- November 14:
- Proof of concept (PoC) for integration of ASF and TPTP builds for PMC approval and integrate with TPTP builds.
- Presentation to TPTP committers.
- Measure cost savings.
- November 28:
- Each project automates their manual test suites and converge existing automated test suites over time to leverage the test infrastructure.
- Measure cost savings.
- Report cost savings to PMC.
- Alan: Complete the editions to the TPTP Testing Strategy, resulting in our new test process.
- Jonathan/Kendric/Paul/Joe Toomey: Assist Joel with integrating the ASF with the TPTP builds.
- Joel: Integrate the ASF with the TPTP builds to check-out a 'Hello World' TPTP JUnit test suite from CVS, run the test suite on an Eclipse instance running on the target platform, and generate a BIRT report on the test execution using existing sample code, possibly reuse some function from the Test Dashboard.
- Paul: Determine labor cost (PW) for a) full test pass and b) smoke test pass from project leads.
- Paul: Encourage Project Leads to automate existing manual test suites.
- Paul: Book another meeting in two weeks (November 6, 2007).
- Kiryl Kazakevich (Intel) has expressed interest in joining this initiative, representing the native components (e.g. JVMTI profiler).