Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Attending: Oliver, Kathy, Paul, Ernest, Jonathan
Any issues with last week's summary?
- No issues
- TPTP 4.7 was delivered on 06/23 as part of Helios release. Helios update site and TPTP update site are up.
- TPTP 4.7 branched. HEAD stream now open for TPTP 4.7.1 check in.
- TPTP 4.7.1 is going out with Helios SR1 in end of September.
- Lessons learn
- Good project management and release engineering.
- Good citizen for Eclipse train.
- Mike Reid had been voted in as TPTP Platform committer. Jonathan had started nomination process for Mike for TPTP Trace.
- Contribution to Indigo
- Kathy mentioned that IBM do not plan to contribute to TPTP for the Indigo release (Eclipse 3.7). IBM will continue to contribute to TPTP 4.7.1 (Helios SR1) and TPTP 4.7.2 (Helios SR2). Will look into archiving the projects after TPTP 4.7.2 (Feb 2011).
- Oliver pointed out that he understand IBM's position since non-IBM contribution had been decreasing over the years. This might be the natural course for a project that had "matured" enough.
- Oliver will bring this up with David Williams and Mike of the Eclipse Planning Council. They'll advise when's a good time to bring up with the rest of the community. This may or may not be in the next PC call on 07/07.
- Paul brought up the fact that we have to be careful to point out the responsibility of running the project (e.g. build, project management, test, defect management etc.) should there be another group interested in running the project.
- Oliver brought up the fact that we might not need to participate in PC calls if we are not contributing to Indigo. Kathy pointed out that we will still need to participate for Helios SRs.
- Paul's resignation to PMC and Test project lead
- Paul mentioned that he is moving on to a new job in IBM next Monday (07/05) and would like to submit his resignation as Test Project lead and Test component lead.
- Paul nominates Jerome Bozier as Test Project lead and Test component lead. Jerome is nominated as PMC member as well. All in favour of this motion. Kathy will add Jerome to the meeting invite.
- Kathy will help with project management of Test project.
- Paul will continue as a consultant to the test project (10% of his time).
- Paul is the last of the original folks who started hyades/TPTP. Everyone thanked Paul's contribution over the years.
- Next PMC meeting on 07/14 10:00 EDT.