Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Attending: Oliver, Harm, Joanna, Paul, AlexA, AlexN, Chris
4.4.1 Release Update
According to the schedule testing will be starting on January 28
Items still unresolved
- JSSE implementation:
- Jon and Igor are reviewing the patch.
- Joanna's deferral defect
4.4.Release and IBM JVM
Eugene sent note with table of problems with IBM Java 1.5 and JVMTI:
- This relates to this defect
- Problem described recommendation 1.5 SR6 (which does not solve everything)
- Eugene has also opened a few other related bugzillas
- In bug Alexander/Asaf have put in some defect notes
- IBM considers this quite important for 4.4.1
- Readme is not sufficient.
Why is this not resolved? We have had assorted mail threads about possible scenarios.
- Have not been treating as a stop ship defect
- Have not addressed class redefinition
What do we want here for 4.4.1.
- Good enough would be to provide all that we can w/ limitations
- Eugene will make the call from IBM side and Alex will interface from Intel side
- With help from Asaf
- Do not know yet exact all the details
- Come back next week with details
- Eugene sizing for 4 defects he created
= 4.4.1 Test Pass
Any concerns with overlapped test passes
- > 200 fixes have gone in
- Joanna would rather move 4.5 test pass up than 4.4.1 test pass
- Doesn't leave much development time for 4.5
- but would recapture some of that time I6
- Paul -- no issues. Have new intern to help
- AlexN -- since didn't have many fixes don't believe need full test pass
- AC and TI have made major changes
- Paul made alternate suggestion
- 4.5 test pass 1 move up taking 1 wk and eliminates test pass 2
- 4.4.1 in 1 wk
Missing report on the web site for upcoming test pass.
- Paul looking at it
Closure on 4.4.1 and 4.5 test pass
4.5 schedule dates
- TP1 for I5 starting on Monday
Oliver asks who consumes and tests with 4.5 I5.
- If not really consumed then why push testing heavily
- Harm says the Ganymede drop is downloaded by 1000s
- Joanna would be satisfied with some smoke tests for this iteration
- Probably would cut time in ~half.
- Paul ok
- AlexN would test 4.5 more than 4.4.1 because that is where more work happens for his project
- AlexA will need support from Eugene on Trace tests (the ones historically done by IBM that weren't done in I4)
- Probably would cut time in ~half.
Harm's suggestion (ratified by group)
- Skip test pass 1 for I5
- Leave 4.4.1 test pass alone as it exists in schedule
- When 4.4.1 test pass finishes do some reduced testing on 4.5
- Test pass 2 for I5 becomes full test pass
AI: Everyone should update their test plans to reflect this.
Oliver asks if all weekly schedules up to date?
- No comments
Oliver asks what else needs discussion for 4.5
Regarding OpenSSL, Joanna says we have the ability to file an IPZilla to SHIP it with 4.5
- It turns out that the effort to get this to go thru is no worse than getting an external dependence approved
- There was general agreement that this sounds like a good idea
- The only question related to how this would impact our packaging size
- I believe Joanna was going to have someone estimate this.
AlexN wanted to discuss some patch requests that came from a consumer of 188.8.131.52 that does not want to move to 4.4.1
- Request came for some one-off (backported) patches to 184.108.40.206
- How/whether TPTP project would deliver these this type of patches
- A patch would need to be in response to a specific bugzilla
- Consumer is actually requesting an alternate build of a component.
- Supporting such an alternate build is not scoped/planned by TPTP project
- If a consumer wants variant not supported by project they are free to build themselves.
Paul ready to pull trigger on committer removal
- He has Chris' latest updates from PMC mailing list (accumulating requests from several Intel folks for removal)
- Harm asked if Chris' list was consistent with what is coming from internal process
- AI to everyone to go check the list.
There have been build issues with 4.4.1
- 4.5 is building
- NOTE, (as of 11a on 1/18 -- offline discussion w/ Kiryl indicates that some fixes have been checked in so next build from IBM should proceed.