Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Scout/HowTo/Installing Scout 3.8 (Juno) using the Download Package
|Download • Git
|Forums • Blog • Twitter • G+
This is the simplest possible installation. Download is available from the Eclipse Juno download page. After successful download extract the ZIP file into a directory of your choice. Start the included Eclipse executable and try some of the new features:
Updating Scout 3.8 M6 with the nightly build is achieved through the following steps:
- Start Eclipse
- Open menu Help, Install New Software ...
- The Install dialog appears, then click on button Add ...
- In the name field enter Scout Nightly, in the Location field enter http://download.eclipse.org/scout/nightly/update/, then click OK
- Eclipse connects to the Scout nightly update site and offers the available components in the field below
- Drill down into the tree and select all items starting with the name Scout SDK
- Click Finish on the Eclipse install dialog
- Eclipse will then alter the install to an update (which is fine)
- After confirming the licence the Scout SDK will be updated and Eclipse asks to restart (which is fine too)