Scout/HowTo/5.0/Create a new project
|Download • Git|
|Forums • Blog • Twitter • G+|
Scout Explorer view
In the Scout Explorer view select New Scout Project... in the context menu of the Scout Projects folder.
In this step, it is possible to choose:
- The Project Name: Base name of the project and the plugins that belong to the project.
- The Project Postfix: An optional postfix to add to the plugin names.
- The Eclipse Platform: Choose which Eclipse version should be used as target platform for the new project. If you choose another platform version than the currently running Eclipse instance, the platform must be downloaded from the Eclipse update site. This requires Internet access.
- The JDT Preferences: If checked the Scout default Java development settings are copied. Otherwise you start with no settings and can apply your own template.
- The Project Alias: The short name to use for the application. The client executables and server servlet names will use this shortname.
The plug-ins (e.g. UI Plug-Ins, Client, Shared, Server) are named using the pattern:
<project name>.<plug in>.<project postfix>
In the checkbox list you can choose which plugin-ins need to be created. A Scout application must not always be a client/server application.
You can also create client only or server only applications. But in any case you must include the shared plug-in in the project.
Because of the separation of the UI and GUI it is possible to choose the UI Plug-ins that will render the application.
This steps allows to choose the type of application that should be created.
Step 3 (Optional)
This step is only available if the RAP UI has been checked in Step 1.
You can choose where to take the RAP target platform plugins from. Depending on your choice an entry is created in the .target file that is created for your project:
- Create new RAP Target
This option is only available on an Eclipse with the Scout RAP Target Feature installed in the running Eclipse instance.
When choosing this option a new RAP target platform will be created at the local folder specified.
- Download RAP Target
When choosing this option the target platform will be downloaded into the running workspace. This download will then only be available to the active workspace!
- Existing RAP Target
An existing RAP target location can be specified.
- I'll do it later
When choosing this option the Scout SDK does not create a RAP target platform for you. The platform must be created manually after the Scout project has been created. The created project will not compile before a complete target platform has been created!