Releng Map File Tool
← Back to DTP Release Engineering
“Release” tools org.eclipse.releng.tools
A small plugin developed by Eclipse platform team that a developer can use with tagging plugins and updating map files.
What can it do
- Tagging your plugins, and update map files automatically
- ONLY tag changed plugins.
- You do not need to compare your code with last TAG manually. It performs automatically.
How to use
The instructions are sparse, but it's fairly straightforward
- After successful installation, it will appear in the right-click menu.
- Make sure org.eclipse.datatools.releng exists in your workspace.
- Right click the project(s) that you need to tag. Choose “Team”->”Release…”.
- You only need to input the tag name before it finishes.
How to install
- It’s a plugin that you can plug into your Eclipse
- It can be found at the bottom of any Eclipse platform build download page, e.g.: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.4M5-200802071530/index.php