Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Planning Council/September 12 2018
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, Sep 12, 2018, at 11:00 EDT|
|Dial in:|| Topic: Planning Council Meeting
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,928841320# or +14086380968,,928841320#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 928 841 320 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf
Temporary Planning Council Chair: Nick Boldt Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats (returns Dec 2018)
- Wayne Beaton
- Frederic Gurr
- Mikael Barbero
- CA Technologies
- CEA LIST
- Ericsson AB (Marc-Andre Laperle)
- IBM (Thomas Watson)
- itemis AG (Alexander Nyssen)
- Obeo (Melanie Bats)
- Oracle (Neil Hauge)
- Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) PMC (Gary Xue)
- Data Tools Platform PMC (Brian Payton)
- Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
- Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
- LocationTech Technology
- Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
- Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
- Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
- Eclipse Science
- Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
- Technology PMC (Chris Aniszczyk)
- Tools Project PMC (Aleksandar Kurtakov)
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Carl Anderson)
Previous meeting minutes
- Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.
Nick Boldt, Wayne Beaton, Frederic Gurr, Pierre Charles David, Dani Megert, Tom Watson
None posted in advance.
[Fred] Simrel status: green
- Small issues w/ aggregation
- Missing repo from RAP? Pipeline not notifying committers when breaks happen. AI: Fred to fix today
- Gerrit trigger not compatible with pipeline job, so freestyle job enabled instead for gerrit reviews
- HIPPs being flaky last couple days, not impacting simrel, just upstream projects
[Wayne] Release review status: yellow?
- Unsure if everyone has declared & approached EMO for reviews
- Concerned with projects ”breezing in late”, ie., changing things between RCx and Final? BIRT did this for Photon.
- To prevent this, the aggregation pipeline job is disabled to prevent new stuff being aggregated after RC
- Opt in date - is it still reasonable?
BIRT still using their Photon contribution - is that cause for alarm (project dormant), or does it demonstrate stability (nothing needs changing between quarterly releases) ? More importantly, how do we know?
- Arch council planning to change process for release reviews annually, not quarterly. IP rules not changing. See cross-projects list for more info.