| Meeting Title:
|| Planning Council Conference Call
| Date & Time:
|| Wednesday, December 05, 2012, at 1200 Eastern
| Dial in:
|| (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)
- Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
- North America (toll free) 1-877-369-7806
- Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) +49-692-2224-6059
- France (local call anywhere in France) +33-17-070-8535
- UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806
- Switzerland (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
- Participant conference extension: 710 then enter pin 35498
- call firstname.lastname@example.org, then enter pin 35498.
Members and Attendees
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
| Chris Aniszczyk
|| Technology (PMC)
| John Arthorne
|| Eclipse (PMC)
| Steffen Pingel
|| Mylyn (ALM) PMC
| Brian Payton
|| Datatools (PMC)
| Doug Schaefer
|| Tools (PMC)
| Adrian Mos
|| SOA (PMC)
| Ed Merks
|| Modeling (PMC)
| Ian Bull
|| Rt (PMC)
| David Williams
|| WTP (PMC) (appointed Chair)
| Gary Xue
|| Birt (PMC)
| Wayne Beaton
|| Eclipse Foundation (appointed)
| Cedric Brun
|| OBEO (Strategic Developer)
| Neil Hauge
|| Oracle (Strategic Developer)
| Kaloyan Raev
|| SAP AG (Strategic Developer)
| Igor Fedorenko
|| Sonatype (Strategic Developer)
| Markus Knauer
|| Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
| Achim Loerke
|| BREDEX (Strategic Developer)
| (PMC rep)
|| Actuate (Strategic Developer)
| (PMC rep)
|| IBM (Strategic Developer)
| [no name]
|| CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer)
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- SR2 to get active in January
- Removed "what's changed for Juno" section. (And so far, no changed requirements for Kepler and ... the history is in the wiki).
- Removed the 3.8 compatibility section.
- Deleted requirements previously removed (but which were left in document as "strikout").
- Deleted "[date clarified]" editor notes (since a little distracting).
- Changed Juno to Kepler where appropriate.
- Changed Indigo to Juno where appropriate (such as help URLs).
- Ran "linkchecker" and found a few broken links and updated as best I could.
- Improved grammar or wording in a dozen spots (usually to remove words, honest).
- Corrected spelling of one word. :)
- Added "reasons" for why non-greedy-ness was important (and sent a note to p2-dev list to sanity check in advance -- thanks Ian, Pascal, for reviewing).
- Based on Ian's comments, I added phrase pointing to the issue the Java 7 and nested jars (bug 361628).
- Any other changes/edits? Can we formally approve this version, and schedule, for Kepler? (It is, after all, almost M4!)
- Removed sentence about "Roadmap" since there is no longer such as "roll up" of plans.
- Removed mention of "CVS" and changed spelling of 'GIT' to 'Git'.
- Agreement it was ready to be "formalized" (especially since little changed from previous year).
- It is almost M4! Everyone in? Anyone know of delayed projects? Complications?
- None noted. dw to send reminder to cross-project list.
- Wayne mentioned he thought new Portal would be ready in January.
- No meeting January 2, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting) due to Holidays/vacations.
- Can we skip January? Or just defer it a week or two? If skipped, next would be February 6 (which does get near Juno SR2).
- Decided to plan for February (skip January), but that if anything comes up, we can always schedule one later for second week or so of January.
- Kepler Wiki page
- Juno Wiki page
- Planning Council/Indigo retrospective
- Planning Council Members
- Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO