Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Papyrus Developer Guide/Release Process: How To/Publish Papyrus Artifacts
Publish a build
Successful Nightly builds are automatically published to :
Stable builds are not automatically published. They should be first tested internally before publishing.
- First, install the build on the update site nightly http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/nightly/[release_name]/
- Then, test it locally
To publish a milestone or release from a build, you have to use the specific jobs on the project's Jenkins instance.
- Check that the new build appears on http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/downloads/.
- Check the edited composites on http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/milestones/?d. (or [...]/releases/?d in case of a release)
You should verify that what you have pushed is there :
Once you have verified that what you have pushed is there , all you have left to do is to:
- Tag the last commit: Releases should have a tag like 1.1.0, and milestones like 1.1.0_M6
- git tag -a 2.0.1_RC4 -m "Create the tag 2.0.1_RC4" d4c28a3b7c1c46cf5407bbfae2eda602eb4480c7
- git push origin 2.0.1_RC4
Builds can be hidden from this page before a release by modifying
/downloads/ on git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/www.eclipse.org/papyrus.git
If the build must be part of the simultaneous release, you must also:
- Use the B3 Aggregator (or a text editor if the modification is trivial) and push to the simrel's gerrit which path is :
Usually, the only thing to change is the location (for example "milestones/1.1/M6/main"):
<repositories location="http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/milestones/1.1/M6/main" description="Papyrus">
Tip: You can check the status of the contribution at simrel's gerrit page