Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Paho/Paho MQTT Broker
Disclaimer: This project/idea is actually at the draft state.
According to several discussions of the Paho mailing list (1)(2), it seems there a need for a Reference Implementation of a MQTT Broker, and also a need for a lightweight, embeddable and open sourced MQTT Broker running on the JVM.
The main goals are:
- Write a specification of a MQTT Broker
- Deliver a Reference Implementation
Key features of the MQTT Broker
The Minimum Viable Product (MVP) consists in:
- Fully dedicated to MQTT
- Some minimal level of authentication
- Support for secure/encrypted communications
- Running on the JVM
- Websocket connector
- Write the MQTT protocol model classes (or extract the one from the MQTT Paho client)
- Write acceptance tests
- Write an implementation