Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
PTP/new and noteworthy/9.0.0
The following are new features that are available in PTP 9.0, Photran 9.1, and Remote 2.0.
The Eclipse package all-in-one download "Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers" is updated with the latest Mars release contents of most interest to our users. You can download it at http://eclipse.org/downloads
The Terminal View has been ported to use the new TM Terminal 4.0. This will provide better integration and long term support for accessing remote systems.
Synchronized Project Wizard
The new project wizard has been enhanced so that the remote directory will not be reset if it has already been entered. This improves the project creation workflow.
Remote connection information is now shown in a view in addition to the Remote Connections preference page. This allows connections to be manipulated without requiring a model dialog.
Remote Console Support
Remote connections are now supported in the Console view. This provides a uniform way to interact with consoles, as well as providing VT100 emulation.
Remote Services Enhancements
The remote services framework has been substantially improved. Some changes include:
- A new service based architecture that simplifies support for new protocols
- The ability to exclude certain functionality for simple connection types (e.g. serial)
- Connections view
- Remote console support
- Serial port support
- Improved local connections
- Integration with TM Terminal 4.0
Photran 9.1 adds support for HP Fortran record structures in the syntax highlighter and Outline view.
It includes fixes for several parser bugs, particularly related to Fortran 2003 support:
-  incorrectly identified syntax error when "in" is used in variable declaration
-  Syntax Error - real_alloced
-  Syntax errors on valid Fortran
-  Syntax error generated by variable named "double"
-  incorrect syntax error - enumerator
...as well as fixes for several other issues:
-  Source, Refactor menus missing in 4.2M7
-  Source menu Comment, Shift, etc. actions should be visible when refactoring is disabled
-  NumberFormatException in TileLoopRefactoring.setLoopTilingStepNumber
-  gfortran error parser must take precedence over GNU make error parser
-  IllegalArgumentException from Status ctor call in EclipseVPG.java:138
- The C/C++ Development Tools that are included with the "Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers" have also been updated for Eclipse Mars. See their newest features on their New and Noteworthy for 8.7 page.
Bug Fixes and Internal Enhancements
- java.util.ConcurrentModificationException closing remote connection in Remote Connections preferences
- IO Exception 'Server connection does not support the required services' launching OpenMPI app
- Synchronized project with 'Local' as remote system connection name is not populated
- Unable to open terminal using "Show Terminal" menu
- Update PTP to use new remote API
- Update PTP to use remote connection type filtering
- ".ptprc.sh: cannot open" message when using Terminal
- Remote Tools has been removed
- Support for GIG has been removed
- org.eclipse.rephraser.* plugins have been removed
- RSE support has been removed