Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

PTP/meetings/April 2006

< PTP‎ | meetings

April 2006 Meeting

Date: April 11, 2006 Time: 1:00 PM EST

Call in information:

Toll Free: 1 866 807-2880
Local: (505) 606-1028


  1. PTP status
    • Eclipse 3.2
    • New debugger features
    • Resource manager support
    • Remote services
  2. Move to Tools Project
  3. EclipseCon roundup
  4. SC06 tutorial
  5. Other business
  6. Next meeting

Meeting Notes

Date: April 12, 2006 Time: 1:00 PM EST


  • Beth Tibbitts, IBM
  • Don Pazel, IBM
  • Doug Schaefer, QNX
  • Nathan DeBardeleben, LANL
  • Wyatt Spear, University of Oregon
  • Tianchao Li, TUM
  • Greg Watson, LANL
  • Craig Rasmussen, LANL
  • Rod Mach, Absoft

PTP status

  • Eclipse 3.2: Tested PTP on 3.2M6 and there didn't appear to be any major issues. MPI development tools didn't work, however. Need to start migration to 3.2 in preparation for Callisto release.
  • New debugger features: Clement has added thread support, and is in the process of adding memory view and signals.
  • Resource Manager: Randy has almost finished preliminary design. Will post to wiki for comments.
  • Remote services: Tianchao is looking at RSE to see if it is going to be suitable for providing remote services for PTP.
  • IBM: have working on performance analysis tools
  • Oregon: tuning TAU plugin to get ready for contribution
  • Absoft: working on FX2 to replace gdb as backend debugger

Action: Greg & Wyatt to begin approval process for TAU plugin contribution

Move to Tools Project

  • Doug: good idea beacuse of overlap, sharing, activity. Would like a release review of PTP 1.0 before the move
  • Wyatt: any pracitcal issues? Switching CVS/web pages + administration
  • All present agreed to the move from to Technology to Tools Project

Action: Greg to arrange release review for PTP 1.0
Action: Greg & Doug to transfer PTP to Tools Project

EclipseCon roundup

  • Long talk, demo (relatively small attendance), BOF (well attendance)
  • In future, look at coordinating better with CDT project
  • BOF is difficult to arrange, Beth provided feedback to Eclipse so hopefully this should be better next year
  • Getting too large, don't know how to fix
  • Focus on parallel conferences rather than EclipseCon
  • FX2 demo for SC, but good opportunity to promote at EclipseCon next year

SC06 tutorial

Tutorial submitted. Waiting to see if we get accepted.

Other business

Craig submitted patch to make CDT better support Photran

Next meeting

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday May 09, 2006

Back to the top