Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
org.eclipse.php.astview - AST View
A view to visualize the AST (abstract syntax tree) of a PHP file open in the editor. Navigate from text selection to AST nodes and from nodes to selections, also to show binding information provided.
- Open the AST view
- from the view menu: Window > Show View > Other..., PHP > AST View
- via shortcut: Alt+Shift+Q, A
- Open a PHP file in the editor
- Click on 'Show AST of active editor' to populate the view: The view shows the AST of the file opened in the editor and will also reveal the element corresponding to the current text selection
- Enable 'Link with editor' to automatically track the active editor and the selection in the active editor.
- Double click on AST nodes to get the corresponding element revealed in the editor.
- Double click again to see the 'extended range' of a node, that means the range including all comments associated with it (comment mapper heuristic).
- When the AST's underlying document has been changed use 'Refresh' "refresh.gif" to update the AST.
AST View Elements
The AST view shows the following nodes:
- AST nodes are shown in gray color and with source range information. Children of AST nodes are the node properties.
- node properties have names that are all all capitalized. Node properties represent lists of child nodes, a child node or a primitive node attribute (String, int or boolean)
- bindings are shown in blue. Only selected bindings are shown