Welcome to the Declarative Service (DS) Tooling Wiki Page.
The Declarative Services (or "DS") specification is one of the newest parts of OSGi. It uses an XML file to encapsulate all service registration code. This proposed application is about developing an OSGi Declarative Service Tooling to improve development productivity. A UI-based tool will let you focus on the application logic of your code.
Declarative Services Tooling can encourage new developers to use OSGi technology (specifically Declarative Service). As a new functionality, an Editor will help to create and maintain all component registration code more easily. This feature is very important for component reuse developers, who will concentrate on their own services instead of OSGi Framework code. Moreover, implementation of such an add-in will increase OSGi's popularity through simplification of OSGi component development.
This component was part of the Google Summer of Code 2008
- Provide a Text Model for DS Files
- Provide a UI Editor for the Text Model
- Develop a Wizard for DS Files
- Develop a code completion assistance for DS Source Page
- Develop a pop-up when hovering over xml elements and attributes
- Create an error reporter for DS Files
- Create Javadoc for classes and interfaces
- Create unit tests
- Create a DS Simplified Page
Getting Started with OSGi: Declarative Services and Dependencies
Feel free to add your comments and ideas.