Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Orbit Minutes 071016
- Call convened at 1000 EDT
- Call-in: 613.287.8000 or 866.362.7064, passcode 892048#
- Previous Meeting: Orbit Minutes 070828
- Christian Damus
- David Williams
- Pascal Rapicault
- Kim Moir
- DJ Houghton
There are some open bug reports about adding new bundles to Orbit:
- Bug 196968 - Add org.apache.xmlbeans (awaiting CQ approval)
- Bug 189139 - Add Batik 1.7 (no CQ)
- Bug 197170 - Upgrade to JUnit 4.4 (no CQ?)
- Bug 197669 - Add org.apache.axiom (approved)
- Bug 201090 - Add javx.xml.bind (questions in CQ)
- Bug 201093 - Add javx.xml.ws (approved)
- Bug 204361 - Upgrade Xerces bundle to 2.9.1 (needs CQ)
- Bug 205682 - Add Rhino 1.6R6 to Orbit (approved)
Action: DJ to go through bug reports and assign to proper owners.
Action: We should be releasing new bundles as they become available.
As more bundles are added, there is more of a chance that there are problems with the bundle format/structure.
- Action: DJ to re-enable tests in I-Builds
We have some open bug reports about errors in the Orbit bundles. (manifest errors, etc)
- Bug 199577 - Questionable "requires" in Rhino
- Bug 204932 - Derby: missing optional package imports javax.servlet
- Bug 201376 - Update manifest for org.w3c.dom.svg
Are there any more known issues that will cause us to re-build from our 3.3.1 baseline?
- See org.w3c.dom.svg bug report above.
- Action: Christian to release fix into Orbit I-Build and send note to BIRT mailing list asking their requirements.
Done: See bugzilla and birt-dev thread
Eclipse 3.4 M3
We are fast approaching the Eclipse 3.4 M3 release. We need to lock down n-1.
- Will graduate build to stable on Oct 26
- Action: DJ to send note to mailing list with dates for lock-down