This page describes the current plan for the upcoming features of the OM2M project.
Please note that this roadmap is a moving target. Depending on priorities and community contribution, the roadmap can change any time, so do not take it for granted, but see it as a guidance of direction.
Release 1.1.0 (Work in progress)
- Support of Flex Container resource
- Support of Smart Device Template (SDT)
- Support of MQTT protocol binding
- Fix minor bugs and issues
- Bug 501266 - ACP automatically created when an AE is created dosn't have ty=1
- Bug 498911 - Error in Access Right verification for PoA notification
- Bug 498387 - Smart Device Template (SDT) support
- Bug 498374 - FlexContainer feature support
- Bug 497579 - Unwanted deletion of AEs having the name of the wanted deleted AE as a prefix
- Bug 495606 - Error on creating ContentInstance with maxNumberOfInstance in Container
Release 1.0.0 (June 22, 2016)
Implementation of the oneM2M standard. For more information see oneM2M standard.
Main supported features:
- Nodes: IN-CSE, MN-CSE, ASN-CSE, and ADN.
- Reference Points: MCA, and MCC.
- Resource types: CSEBase, RemoteCSE, ACP, AE, Container, ContentInstance, Subscription, Group, Node, Request, PoA, etc.
- Request primitives: Retrieve, Create, Update, Delete, and Notify.
- Addressing formats: Structured and Unstructured.
- Addressing modes: Absolute, SP-relative, and CSE-Relative.
- Protocol Bindings: HTTP and CoAP.
- Content Formats: XML and JSON.
- Communication Modes: Blocking, Non Blocking Syhcnronous, and Non Blocking Asynchrnonous.
- Multihop: retargeting via PoA.
- Storage mode: SQL and NoSQL (SQL H2 by default)
- Security: SSL/TLS
- Bug 494086 - Top level node in JSON representation now with m2m: prefix
- Bug 494911 - Issues in CoAP binding
- Bug 494090 - Enable wildcard for AccessControl originators
- Bug 494087 - hange in some oneM2M Constants
- Bug 492961 - Missing Access check for Notify requests
- Bug 491796 - Support JSON content format
- Bug 491797 - Support of CoAP binding
- Bug 491791 - Enable resource name attribute in creation request
Release 0.8.0 (April 8, 2015)
The first release of OM2M will include the following features:
- Implement the SmartM2M standard. For more information see SmartM2M standard
- Provide a modular architecture running on top of an OSGi layer based on Eclipse Equinox.
- Integrate Maven and Tycho to automate build process and RCP development.
- Provide a protocol-independent CORE plugin to handle generic REST request.
- Enable machine registration, application deployment, container management, resource discovery, access right authorization, subscription / notification, group management, and resource announcement.
- Provide a HTTP communication binding plugin based on Jetty and Apache HTTP client libraries.
- Provide a CoAP communication binding plugin based on the Californium library.
- Provide a simple retargeting mechanism to connect HTTP and CoAP enabled devices.
- Provide an interworking sample plugin with simulated devices to show how to connect legacy devices.
- Provide a web interface plugin for browsing and debugging each machine resource structure.
- Provide a DAO persistence layer based on EclipseLink JPA library to support different SQL and NOSQL database solutions.
- Replace the DB4O database with the H2 database which provide better performance.
- Introduce required persistence parameters to the "config.ini" file to simplify the JPA configuration.
- Replace the XSD resource validation with a native validation mechanism that offers more flexibility.
- Replace the OASIS OBIX library with a native encoder/decoder based on the JAXB library.
- Improve the OM2M performance by optimizing the resource structure and database access.