Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
The Connectathon is a one week testing event organized by IHE to perform interoperability testing of equipment and software which implements IHE integration profiles. Currently, there are Connectathon events in North America, Europe, and Asia.
This paragraph is taken from the http://www.ihe.net website. Please visit this site for more information and references.
IHE is an initiative by healthcare professionals and industry to improve the way computer systems in healthcare share information. IHE promotes the coordinated use of established standards such as DICOM and HL7 to address specific clinical needs in support of optimal patient care. Systems developed in accordance with IHE communicate with one another better, are easier to implement, and enable care providers to use information more effectively.
IHE follows the following process cycle:
- November - New profiles/work items are proposed
- December - work items/profiles are decided upon for the coming year
- January through April/May - Profile Testing (connectathons around the globe)
- March - IHE Development begins - new profiles, work items or edits to existing profiles
- July - IHE Public Comment - IHE work items for this year are reviewed by the public
- August - IHE publishes new profiles, edits for the year
- September - Connectathon Registration
- October - November - pre-Connectathon testing
- Repeat cycle