OCL/New and Noteworthy/2020-06
Eclipse OCL New and Noteworthy items for the 2020-06 (6.12.0) release.
This minor release fixes a few bugs and provides enhanced extensibility for OCL-based applications such as QVT.
(The work on Bye Bye invalid was not ready in time for 2020-06.)
The prevailing Eclipse OCL release candidate is auto-tested every week on Oxygen, Photon, 2018-09, 2018-12, 2019-03, 2019-06, 2019-09, 2019-12 and 2020-03 platforms using Jenkins on Linux.
2020-06 release should be installable on Mars and Neon platforms provided Xtext 2.9 or greater is also installed.
The 2020-06 sources are buildable on 2020-06 only.
Java 8 on Windows was used to develop and test the milestones of this release.
Java 12 on Windows was briefly used to maintain and test the 2020-06 release candidates. It appears to work although Java code generation/compilation seems nearly three times slower - see Bug 565563.
Java 8 on Jenkins, Linux was used to build and test the release candidates.
The Classic Ecore/UML plugins have been tested on Mars, Neon, Oxygen and Photon and on a Java 5 Virtual Machine. Standalone execution requires only the org.eclipse.osgi plugin from Eclipse Kepler or a spoof of org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS and org.eclipse.osgi.framework.
The Pivot plugins require at least a Java 8 Virtual Machine and at least Xtext 2.9.1. Testing on Oxygen has a couple of test failures. Testing on Mars and Neon has a few editor/console startup failures.
- 562313 XML entities used to compress idrefs
- 499816 and2/implies2/or2 support short circuiting
- 561117 Standard library no longer assumes template parameters may-be-null
- 563483 Ensure Xtext 2.22 generated editors are backward compatible
- 520440 Boolean values are now unboxed at generate time
- 551915 All UML function bodies may now have a result= prefix
- 564072 OCL OOMPH setup now works again