OCL/New and Noteworthy/2019-09
Eclipse OCL New and Noteworthy items for the 2019-09 (6.9.0) release.
This minor release fixes a few bugs and provides enhanced extensibility for OCL-based applications such as QVT
The prevailing Eclipse OCL release candidate is auto-tested every week on Oxygen, Photon, 2018-09, 2018-12, 2019-03 and 2019-06 platforms using Jenkins on Linux.
2019-09 release should be installable on Mars and Neon platforms provided Xtext 2.9 or greater is also installed.
The 2019-09 sources are buildable on 2019-09 only.
Java 8 on Windows was used to develop and test the milestones of this release.
Java 12 on Windows was briefly used to maintain and test the 2019-09 release candidates. It appears to work although Java code generation/compilation seems nearly three times slower - see Bug 565563.
Java 8 on Jenkins, Linux was used to build and test the release candidates.
The Classic Ecore/UML plugins have been tested on Mars, Neon, Oxygen and Photon and on a Java 5 Virtual Machine. Standalone execution requires only the org.eclipse.osgi plugin from Eclipse Kepler or a spoof of org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS and org.eclipse.osgi.framework.
The Pivot plugins require at least a Java 8 Virtual Machine and at least Xtext 2.9.1. Testing on Oxygen has a couple of test failures. Testing on Mars and Neon has a few editor/console startup failures.
- 548225 References to unloaded EPackages are no longer retained by NsURIPackageId
- 548538 Save As Abstract Syntax now works again
- 548664 Serialization of Template Parameters in Collection Types no longer fails
- 548698 Code generation for Template Parameters in Collection Types no longer fails
- 548782 Both EBooleanObject and EBoolean now map to Boolean with an isRequired distinction
- 548900 Use of Eclipse UML2 4.x no longer supported.
- 549464 org.eclipse.xtext.logging fragment provided to satisfy log4j initialization
- 544165 Lazily created global EPackages no longer causes EPackage lookup failures
- 550168 Tooling avoids loss of project when deresolving platform: URIs.
- 550445 Generated derived visitors invoke super rather than throwing a CCE.
- 549949 OCL.check no longer fails if user model has a Boolean type.