Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
New Help for Old Friends VI
This page to to collect miscellaneous notes and pointers to changes coming up in the WTP 3.3 (Indigo) release. Its purpose it to be a central "jumping off" point for those adopters of WTP that are moving up from a previous version of WTP. Most of this information may be already contained in various mailing lists and Bugzilla reports, but it is believed best to have a central place to get people started. Adopters: if you run into trouble or notice things that are not covered here, please update this page and/or let us know (such as by opening a bug, or sending a note to wtp-dev). Web Tools is a Platform and we strive to provide compatible API evolution with clear migration paths, instructions, etc.
One thing we have learned in the past is that some adopters do not move with us to every new release. Some early adopters went from 0.7 directly to 1.5, for example. Unfortunately, it is difficult to present the information in that way, covering multiple changes across multiple version ranges, so those types of migrations have to read about migrating to each version.
Note: as these notes develop and grow in number, they may occasionally be re-organized into categories, etc.
Java EE and EJB
- org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui has been incremented from 1.2.x to 1.3.0 due to API additions from Bug 324920.
- Implementors of
org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.provisional.extensions.breakpoint.IBreakpointProvidershould not assume they are called from the UI thread, despite being passed UI objects as parameters (Bug 310411).
JAXB Component addition
This change resulted in the moving of existing JAXB plugins.
Plugin/Package rename changes to support new OXM functionality
Changes in Feature Content or Structure
- The Dali features have changed for Indigo
- org.eclipse.jpt.feature -> org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.feature
- org.eclipse.jpt.eclipselink.feature -> org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.eclipselink.feature
- Both of these features will now depend on a new feature - common
- org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.feature depends on org.eclipse.jpt.common.feature
- org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.eclipselink.feature depends on org.eclipse.jpt.common.eclipselink.feature
A new component has been added for JAXB in CVS and includes the following new features.
- New features have been added for JAXB
This document ONLY covers changes between WTP 3.2 and WTP 3.3. See also: New Help for Old Friends V (3.2), New Help for Old Friends IV (3.1), New Help for Old Friends III (3.0), New Help for Old Friends II (2.0), and the original New Help for Old Friends (1.5)