Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Model to Model Transformation - MMT
< To: Modeling
Model-to-model transformation is a key aspect of model-driven development (MDD). The MMT project provides a framework for model-to-model transformation languages. Transformations are executed by transformation engines. There are three transformation engines that are developed in the scope of this project: ATL, QVTo, QVTd. MMT is a subproject of the top-level Eclipse Modeling Project.
The MMT project was originally known as the M2M project. The name was changed to avoid confusion with Machine-to-Machine.
MMT Transformation Languages and Engines
The three languages currently supported by MMT are:
- Atlas Transformation Language (ATL)
- QVT Operational Mappings Language (QVTo)
- QVT Declarative Languages (QVTd), supporting QVT Core (QVTc) and QVT Relations (QVTr)
Questions and Discussions About MMT Usage
Questions and discussions about the MMT projects and/or about its components (i.e., ATL, QVTo, QVTd) should be directed to the relevant Eclipse newsgroup or forum. (Although newsgroups and forums are synchronized to share content, the synchronisation sometimes fails, so newsgroups are preferred.)
- ATL [newsgroup][forum][archives]
- QVT Declarative (QVT Core or QVT Relations) [newsgroup][forum][archives]
- QVT Operational Mappings [newsgroup][forum][archives]
- General questions and discussions on Model to Model Transformation [newsgroup][forum][archives].
Before May 2012, the MMT project was called M2M and a single newsgroup/forum was shared by all projects [archives].