Upcoming Version: 0.9 (for Indigo)
To facilitate reuse of components between several modernization solutions, MoDisco is organized in several layers
The Infrastructure layer contains generic components independent from any legacy technology.
All the components of this layer are available as plug-ins and provided in one single Eclipse feature
- a reference implementation and tools for KDM (OMG/ADM standard)
- a metamodel implementation
- a KDM Source discoverer
- a transformation of KDM models to UML models
- a reference implementation for SMM (OMG/ADM standard)
- a reference implementation for ASTM core (GASTM) (OMG/ADM standard)
- a Model Browser to facilitate the navigation through complex models
- a Discovery Manager to register and integrate discoverers into Eclipse
- a Discovery Workflow to easily chain several discoverers and transformations
- a Query Manager which allows executing model queries independent of any technology
- a Facet Manager which is a kind of virtual class extension
- a Metrics Visualizations Builder which generates HTML, SVG or Excel outputs from a model containing metrics
- a Framework related to KDM metamodel to facilitate writing the discovery of weaving information between code models and models of physical resources.
The Technology layer contains components dedicated to one legacy technology but independent from the modernization use-case.
All the components of this layer are available as plug-ins and provided in several Eclipse features: one for each technology.
- a complete metamodel for the Java language.
- a complete discoverer to create Java models from Java source code contained in a Java project.
- a complete generator to regenerate Java source code from a Java model.
- a transformation from Java to KDM
- a complete discoverer creating composite models involving Java model and KDM inventory model.
- a metamodel for JSP technology.
- a discoverer to create JSP models from JEE Web applications.
- a framework to develop project deployment descriptor discoverers.
- a complete discoverer for the web.xml files (multiple versions).
- a complete discoverer for the ejb-jar.xml files (multiple versions).
- a set of queries and facets for getting a JEE point of view when browsing Java models.
- a complete metamodel for the XML standard, subsetting W3C concepts.
- a complete discoverer to create XML models from XML files.
The Use-Cases layer contains components providing a solution for a specific modernization use-case.
All the components of this layer are available as plug-ins
- Simple Transformations Chain: creation of a UML model from a Java project, just aggregating discoverers from Infrastructure and Technologies layers.
- Model Filter: creation of a UML model containing dependencies for a Java classe selected in the Eclipse environment.