|Mailing List • Forums • IRC • mattermost|
|Open • Help Wanted • Bug Day|
Clone m2e-wtp and m2e-wtp-tests
- Clone the m2e-wtp core and jpa repositories. Committers should use :
- Core : ssh://YOUR_COMMITTERID@git.eclipse.org:29418/m2e-wtp/org.eclipse.m2e.wtp - JPA : ssh://YOUR_COMMITTERID@git.eclipse.org:29418/m2e-wtp/org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.jpa
- Clone the m2e-wtp-tests repository. Developers should use email@example.com:jbosstools/m2e-wtp-tests.git. For read-only access use either git://github.com/jbosstools/m2e-wtp-tests.git or http://github.com/jbosstools/m2e-wtp-tests.git.
Build m2e-wtp within Eclipse
- Download and unpack the Eclipse Juno JavaEE distribution http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/
- Install m2e 1.6 from http://repository.takari.io:8081/nexus/content/sites/m2e.extras/m2e/1.6.0/N/LATEST/, including the semi-hidden m2e SDK feature (uncheck "Group items by category" to see it).
- Install commons-io 2.0.1 from the Orbit repository http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20120526062928/repository/ [Required to build the test projects]
- Install the mavenarchiver plugin from m2e's discovery catalog : Window > Preferences > Maven > Discovery > Open Catalog...
- import m2e-wtp as "Existing Maven project". Follow onscreen instructions, allow m2e to install additional software and restart eclipse when requested.
- import m2e-wtp-tests as "Existing Maven project".
Build m2e-wtp via command line
- Download and install maven 3.2.1 from http://maven.apache.org/download.html
- Open a command shell, navigate under m2e-wtp's directory and type :
mvn clean install
This will build m2e-wtp against the juno platform.
- Alternatively, execute the following to build against other platforms (helios, indigo, juno and kepler are supported)
mvn clean install -Declipse.target=<platformId>
The very first build should be *very* long (tens of minutes), as maven will need to download all the build pre-requisites from internet. Subsequent builds can be sped up by going offline :
mvn clean install -o
Change directory to go under m2e-wtp-tests and execute :
mvn clean install
m2e-wtp core sources at eclipse.org
m2e-wtp only accepts changes contributed via Gerrit. Here is the wiki that explains how to use it http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit.
According to eclipse legal poster, all contributors must have signed Eclipse CLA and their bugzilla email and git commit author must match (otherwise Eclipse git server refuses contribution).
All contributions must be referenced from corresponding bugzilla records. The commit message should be prefixed with the bugzilla id following the format :
bugzillaId : commit message
m2e-wtp tests at github
In most cases m2e-wtp core patches will require corresponding regression tests. Changes to m2e-wtp tests repository must be submitted as github pull requests and must be linked to bugzilla record, along with corresponding Gerrit change set.