Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
JWT Kickoff Meeting
Results and next steps
Feb the 5th 2007 - Start 9:00 UTC
The meeting will be a telephone conference thanks to the University of Augsburg and a WebEx infrastructure sponsored thankfully by Tibco.
The details for the telephone conference are:
Please call +49 69 76 75 58 00
When asked for an access key, please type: 141922#.
The details for the WebEx can be found here:
WEBEX MEETING NUMBER: 751 631 860
Here's what to do:
- At the meeting's starting time, either click the following link or copy and paste it into your Web browser:
- Enter your name, your email address, and the meeting password (if required), and then click Join.
- If the meeting includes a teleconference, follow the instructions that automatically appear on your screen.
That's it! You're in the web meeting!
WebEx will automatically setup Meeting Manager for Windows the first time you join a meeting. To save time, you can setup prior to the meeting by clicking this link: https://tibcomc.webex.com/tibcomc/meetingcenter/mcsetup.php
For Help or Support: Go to https://tibcomc.webex.com/tibcomc/mc, click Assistance, then Click Help or click Support.
- File:JWT AgilPro Contribution.pdf The AgilPro contribution by Florian Lautenbacher (University of Augsburg), Günther Palfinger (eMundo GmbH)
- File:20070205 - JWT Kickoff - BULL.pdf The NovaSuite BPM tooling solution by Emmanuel Rias and Miguel Valdez (Bull SA, France)
- File:2006 11 30 - ObjectWeb - SOA & MDA with Acceleo.pdf The benefits of MDA in an SOA perspective, by Etienne Juliot (Obeo, France)
- File:Jbpm.overview.jwt.kickoff.pdf Architectural Overview of JBoss jBPM by Koen Aers (JBoss, a Division of Red Hat)
- File:2007-Feb-2-OW at INRIA-A Boulze-A Mos.pdf Main activities of ObjectWeb and INRIA in the context of ESB and SOA by Alain Boulze (INRIA)
09:00 (UTC): start and welcome (Marc and Florian): some remarks about the last months, description of the creation review, the most important details about JWT, WE and WAM - File:JWT Introduction.pdf
around 09:15 (UTC): Every participant will introduce himself, his company, products, research, etc. (10 to 15 minutes)
- Marc Dutoo, Open Wide SA - File:OpenWide - JWT Kickoff - ShortIntroductionMarc.pdf
- Florian Lautenbacher - File:ShortIntroduction Florian.pdf
- Alain Boulze, Objectweb
- Miguel Valdez, Bull SA
- Fabrice Dewasmes, Pragma Consult
- Günther Palfinger, eMundo GmbH
- Tim Stephenson, Tibco corp.
- Koen Aers, JBoss, a Division of Red Hat.
- Emmanuel Rias, Bull SA
- Yann Jouanique, David Rondello, Amadeus SA
- Samir Tata, Djamel Belaid, INT Evry
- Pardeep Soud, Independent Consultant
around 11:00 (UTC): description of the projects/products for JWT (about 30-45 minutes)
- TIBCO Business Studio (Tim Stephenson)
- AgilPro LiMo, Simulator, adapters (Florian Lautenbacher and Günther Palfinger) - File:JWT AgilPro Contribution.pdf, see a short demo of AgilPro under http://www.e-mundo.de/de/demo/Tripbooking.swf
- JaWE Swing (Marc Dutoo)
- Bull MDA-based BPM tooling suite (Miguel Valdes and Emmanuel Rias) - File:20070205 - JWT Kickoff - BULL.pdf
- ObjectWeb projects in the context of JWT (Alain Boulze) - File:2007-Feb-2-OW at INRIA-A Boulze-A Mos.pdf
- JBoss jBPM Designer (Koen Aers) - File:Jbpm.overview.jwt.kickoff.pdf
- Elune Workflow Designer (somebody from the Shanghai university)
- Object Engineering's tool (maybe Roman Zulauf?)
(somewhere between: Lunch!)
around 15:00 (UTC): actions to be taken (everybody) - File:JWT NextSteps.pdf
- administrative ones
- next steps on all levels
- Registered people
- Registered presentations : Interested parties
- Registered presentations : Architecture
- Registered presentations and subjects : Actions / Next step / Dissemination
The goals of the KickOff meeting are to help interested parties know each other and discover their respective interests in JWT, be it expertise or solutions in the BPM tooling or BPM standardisation tooling fields, experience of BPM standardisation or genericity problematics on the representation or grammar mapping levels, BPM engines knowledge...
It will consist of three parts :
* general interested parties presentation (including every board member - anybody interested will have talk time). The point is to help foster further collaboration between actors but also fields. 15 minutes max each including questions.
* architecture : anyone having experience in tackling the BPM tooling standardisation and genericity problematics is invited to present & showcase their architecture. The point is to have a starting point for the architectural analysis leading to the specifications. At least 30-40 minutes each.
* actions to be taken : administrative ones, next steps on all levels & dissemination. This last part is very important since JWT is an open source project gathering very different partners.
Kickoff meeting preparation
In order to be as efficient as possible, and since a physical meeting is not possible, the kickoff meeting should be well prepared. That includes :
* anyone interested to attend, please register by answering this email or directly contacting a project lead
* anyone interested to do a presentation, please register by answering this email or directly contacting a project lead * specify the wanted alloted time, subject and which part of the kickoff meeting it goes in * please provide the slides in advance so they may be exposed on the wiki for everyone else to read.
Look for new information, upcoming presentations agenda and contributions to the meeting on http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/JWT_Kickoff_Meeting .
Marc Dutoo, Florian Lautenbacher
JWT Project Lead