Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
JWT Checkpoint Telco 20071031
- 1 Attending members
- 2 Eclipse Summit Europe
- 3 SCOrWare Developments Plan and Start
- 4 PVM Updates
- 5 STP-IM News
- 6 Milestones on JWT level
- 7 Vision, notably JWT for SOA
- 8 Technologies
- Florian (Augsburg)
- Marc (Open Wide)
- Stephane Drapeau and Etienne Juliot (Obeo)
- Miguel Valdes (Bull)
- NB. Alain couldn't be there but sends feedback
Information about JWT topics each of us has been involved with :
Eclipse Summit Europe
- 120-150 poeople in the room, most were interested
- 25 minutes
- then many questions about code generation, metamodel, STP-IM
- looking forward to test it out
- 3-4 would like to join the project
- TODO build on this basis !
SCOrWare Developments Plan and Start
SCOrWare meeting mid october, where was decided what is going to be done.
What will be done in the next three months :
- to have a BP (representation) analyst-oriented editor, to support more BP format / languages
- Obeo does JWT <-> BPMN with Open Wide (and Augsburg) support
- Open Wide and / or Obeo does JWT -> XPDL / Bonita using Obeo expertise on transfo and Open Wide expertise on runtime
service semantic orchestration
- Open Wide does simple browsing interface in JWT for semantic SCA trading service
- generic (SCA) service and process matching
- Open Wide does JWT / SCA runtime integration. Target workflow runtime is Bonita 3. See upcoming costing info. Miguel (Bull) proposes support.
- mid august meeting : Miguel, Goulven Le Jeune, Marc
- see below for offered help for Bonita - JWT / SCOrWare integration
- Bonita & Orchestra 4 M1 "Nova Bonita" just released, see http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t102951.html
- STP-IM is a metamodel that is a tool for helping bridge STP projects (editors like BPMN, runtime like BPEL2Java)
- created by Adrian Moss at the start of July for answering discussed SCOrWare needs on the basis of ideas similar to the "pivotal metamodel" but with an initial orientation targeting rather SCA - JBI mapping
- very interesting and to the point for JWT, JWT <-> STP-IM to be pushed forward, with our own forthcoming expertise in model transformation, we will have these answers and will be able to make an impact on/with STP-IM.
Milestones on JWT level
- Planned commit in mid-november
- to plan a release in the upcoming months to capitalize on eclipse summit etc.
Ideas and plans, in order to ensure we stay in sync on a higher level :
Vision, notably JWT for SOA
See the Eclipse Summit slides.
Marc says the "JWT for SOA" vision is a more "marketable" one for the planned SCOrWare integration, which is a good opportunity to open doors between JWT and not only the SCA level but with the global SOA level as well. Marc explains Alain made an interesting market analysis in the context of the partner SCOrWare project.
- WAM : end of the year, linked to BPEL generation
- integration Petals ESB - Bonita done by Open Wide
- Miguel gives the piece of advice that Open Wide can integrate SCA and the existing Bonita 3, and offers help to migrate to the upcoming Bonita 4 ; NB. Bonita XPDL will stay the same, but APIs will change
- transformation : done using Acceleo (code generation) or ATL (model transformation), Obeo will choose
- GMF : won't be used for now, no new diagram editor planned at this time
- BPDM : Etienne (Obeo) proposes to choose it as the / a new metamodel for JWT. Florian says another year would be needed to redo the JWT Editor, and BPDM is complex : many concepts mainly not used but that have to be handled nonetheless, BPDM standard specs are 300-400 pages)
- Obeo plans to do BPMN -> BPEL (STP runtime) transformation