Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Install CDO 3.0 Features, which are not contained at the Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) Simultaneous Release
The Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) Simultaneous Release must not contain features with external dependencys.
For this reason, doesn't the downloads as well as in P2 repository of Helios not contain all CDOs 3.0 features.
- Net4j DB Framework HSQLDB Adapter
* Net4j DB Framework MYSQL Adapter
* Net4j DB Framework PostgreSQL Adapter
* CDO Model Repository Server Hibernate
To install these features, you can proceed as follows:
1. Adding the P2 repositories URL's:
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/cdo/updates/3.0-releases ( contains all CDO features )
http://net4j.sourceforge.net/update/ (contains third party packages (e.g. Hibernate, MYSQL, HSQL, PostgreSQL))
2. After choosing the first mentioned repository, there are now all features, that can not be installed from Helios repository.
The examples should not be installed into the IDE, which is used for development.
This can lead at the start of the IDE, also one or more CDO servers (from the examples) will be started.