Higgins 2.0 is the new code base to implement a PDS. A PDS is a cloud-based service that works on behalf of you, the individual. It gives you a central point of control for personal information about a you. Things like your interests, contact information, addresses, profiles, affiliations, friends, and so on. A PDS is a place where you establish bi-directional data flows between external businesses and your PDS. Or between your friends' PDS and your PDS.
At 50,000 feet there are four major conceptual pieces:
- PDS: Back-end services to support the web client
- ADS: An RDF/OWL "quad" store holding the user's data described using the vocabularies of the Persona Data Model 2.0. It exposes these data to the Portal and the HBX (see below) via an HTTP/Comet messaging interface. It also exposes the data via a SPARQL endpoint for server-to-server integrations.
- Architecture - top-level components
- Data Model - main persona vocabulary and supporting sub-vocabularies
- Build Instructions - source code & build instructions
- Vision - long term goals; big picture
- Use Cases - most important use cases
- PDS UI - a few notes about the structure of the PDS app
- Enter a bug
- Search for a bug
- higgins-dev, archive - developer list
- higgins-announce, archive - announcement list, very low volume
- Higgins 2.0M1 - first 2.0 milestone (done)
- Higgins 2.0M2 - under development