This page contains installation instructions for Henshin. Henshin is a plug-in for recent versions of the Eclipse Modeling Tools (last tested version: 2022-12). To obtain the most recent Eclipse version, go to the download page and download the Eclipse Modeling Tools.
Henshin is generally installed via update site. Hence, to install Henshin, open Eclipse, go to Help -> Install New Software... and use one of the following update site URLs:
- Current release: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/henshin/updates/release (1.8.0)
- Nightly build: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/henshin/updates/nightly
Features At a minimum, install the Henshin SDK feature. Version 1.6.0 and 1.8.0 introduced the additional features Henshin Variability SDK and OCL2AG. For all features, a source version is provided.
JDK Compatibility From release 1.8.0, Henshin is compatible with JDK versions from 11.0 and higher. The release variant 1.8.0-legacyjdk (see below) and previous releases are compatible with JDK 8.0 to JDK 14.0.
Permanent URLs of current and previous releases:
If you want to install a legacy version of Henshin (<= 1.4.0) in a newer Eclipse version (>= Eclipse Oxygen), please use the following instructions (thanks to Joel Greenyer for providing these instructions):
- Install GMF Tooling v3.2.1 via Update site (right click -> copy...)
- Install M2Eclipse via Update site (right click -> copy...)
- Install the required Henshin version.
You can also get the latest version of the source code directly from our Git repository (weblink):
Release and nighly builds are compiled using Hudson jobs: