Skip to main content

Notice: This Wiki is now read only and edits are no longer possible. Please see: for the plan.

Jump to: navigation, search

Gemini/Meetings/Minutes Oct 8 2013

Gemini Meeting - Tues Oct 8, 2013

Attendees: Lazar, Violeta, Florian, Juergen, Mike

  1. Actions from Last Meetings
    • Done
  2. New members
    • Florian Waibel - New Gemini Mgmt project lead
    • Dmitry Sklyut - New Gemini Blueprint lead (not present at meeting)
  3. Subproject Updates
    • Gemini JPA
      • Mike has joined a different org at Oracle and will not be able to spend as much time on it
      • Won't likely be able to put out new features in release until next year
    • Gemini DBAccess
      • Juergen has health problems and isn't able to do much on the project
    • Gemini Naming
      • New release during the summer
      • One or two bugs fixed and quick released
      • Don't anticipate any change to the project from this point on
    • Gemini Web
      • Will introduce a micro release
      • Currently working on integration with Tomcat 8 containing latest Java EE 7 APIs
      • TC 8 will likely not be ready until next year
    • Gemini Management
      • Project is up to latest version of the OSGi JMS spec
      • Only a few bugs, no feature requests at this point
      • Florian does not seem to be marked as the lead, yet
      • Action: Mike to find out if EMO was notified about new leadership
      • Hudson builds appeared to be failing (during publishing phase)
      • Added some groovy scripts (examples) at
  4. Meeting Schedule
    • Opinions about meeting frequency
    • Decision that because projects are mature and have little development going on we will only meet every month or two
    • Can also cancel if nothing to discuss
    • Action: Mike to schedule next meeting and send out email to the group about reduced meeting frequency

Back to the top