Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
- Container Mode
- The OSGi JPA specification does not define or support the notion of Container mode in JPA, only Java SE mode (using the JPA 2.0 javax.persistence.jdbc properties).
- Self-contained Persistence Bundles
- The OSGi JPA specification dictates that all entities and metadata for a given persistence unit must be contained within a single persistence bundle.
- jar-file Element
- Mostly because of (2), there is no support for the jar-file element in the persistence descriptor. All entities must be in the persistence bundle and on the bundle classpath.
- JPA Provider
- Gemini JPA only supports EclipseLink as the JPA provider
- JTA Transactions
- Primarily because of (1), only the RESOURCE_LOCAL transaction type is supported. Support for JTA transactions is not currently offered.