FAQ What open source projects are based on Eclipse?
Thousands of projects of various sizes are based on Eclipse. A small number are directly supported by the Eclipse Foundation as official Eclipse projects but a far greater number can be found elsewhere on the Web. Many are hosted at such sites as Source Forge or can be found in the various Eclipse plug-in listings floating around the Web. The following are the best-known portals for finding Eclipse-based plug-ins:
- Eclipse Community Acknowledging the losing battle of trying to track the growing list of Eclipse plug-ins, this page lists other Eclipse information sites that have lists of plug-ins.
- Eclipse-Plugins.info This site is probably the longest running Eclipse information portal, best known for its exhaustive catalog of known open source Eclipse plug-ins. If you have a plug-in that you want the world to know about, get it listed here!
- Eclipse Plugin Central (EPIC) A newcomer to the world of Eclipse portals, this site has an excellent Eclipse news feed and a growing catalog of open source Eclipse-based projects.
- FAQ What are Eclipse projects and technologies?
- The Eclipse community Web site (http://eclipse.org/community)
This FAQ was originally published in Official Eclipse 3.0 FAQs. Copyright 2004, Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved. This text is made available here under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0.