Skip to main content

Notice: This Wiki is now read only and edits are no longer possible. Please see: for the plan.

Jump to: navigation, search

Equinox p2 Meeting 20080219

See Equinox p2 Meetings for complete index.


  • Now that we have graduated...
    • Do we move the code now?
    • Do we want a new mailing list, or do we want to stay on the equinox-dev mailing list?
    • What is the status of the component creation?
  • SAT4J is ready to go in how should we proceed
  • BREE settings for Foundation 1.1/J2SE1.4 - catching more of the issues


  • Andrew Niefer
  • Andrew Overholt
  • Dave Stevenson
  • DJ Houghton
  • Jeff McAffer
  • John Arthorne
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • Scott Lewis
  • Simon Kaegi
  • Susan McCourt
  • Tim Mok


  • P2 Graduated
    • Jeff requesting provisioning but several possibilities
  1. leave p2 in the incubator and wait and see with respect to the new RT top level project
  2. regular migration of p2 bundles to eclipse root
  3. create a p2 folder in the root and put our bundles under there
    • Wait and see for now. Leaving things in the incubator may be convenient but might be a bit messy in terms of formalizing graduation of projects
    • Need a list of the bundles that make up p2 (Simon)
  • SAT4J
    • approval for use in the incubator
    • Do we need SAT4J for integration with the SDK. e.g. is this going to block us.
    • If we're confident we will be able to get approval outside of the incubator then we should proceed with doing integration in HEAD otherwise we should wait.
    • Pascal to follow-up with the foundation
  • BREE
    • Standardize how we're declaring our BREE
    • Currently some project declaring JRE 1.4 first, but should probably _always_ use Foundation 1.1 to maximize our chance of inadvertently creating propblems
    • DJ to look at build with Kim. If things look good we should proceed with updating all p2 BREE (aside: and possibly others in Equinox)
  • Dev list
    • Currently use equinox-dev and will continue to unless we're producing excessive p2 traffic
    • Should use [prov] in our titles to help filtering.
  • Status Updates
    • Tim continuing work on certifacts and signature validation.
    • Simon done profile registry format work. Now fixing up property operand problems and looking at profile timestamps and history. Following up with dropins reconciler - planning to add it this week.
    • John done looking at mirroring. Some issues around hanging URL Connections that need to be resolved in ECF. Now looking at the build.
    • Andrew N. progressing on product metadata. Some questions around reverse-engineering of the SDK product.
    • Dave working on localization. Getting close to releasing -- tying up some issues around excessive localization metadata
    • Susan looking at error handling and addding install handler detection and appropriate reaction in the UI. This week looking at extension location support.
    • Andrew O. proceeding along with shared install. Work on an aggregator of metadata repositories in good shape. Patches forthcoming.

Back to the top