Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
- John R
- jsr14 mode and Java 7 issues
- project health
- Tom expresses the desire to simply move up to Java 5 where generic APIs are defined.
- We could attempt to avoid usage of APIs introduced in Java 5, but the value of doing so seems very low.
- There are concerns that once there is a new embedded vm that supports Java 5 language constructs or higher then we will no longer be able to support them.
- We should cross that bridge if we ever come to it.
- Much discussion over the project health
- how to recruit new committers that are concerned about the overall health of the project instead of their own agenda.