Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
- 3.7 M2 respin (compiler bug)
- Status of 3.6.1 EPPs
- Launcher bugs
- Mixing of 1.4 and 1.5 projects (bug 305259 bug 323633 bug 325633 bug 324850)
- merging equinox and p2 calls
- Call attendance
3.7 M2 respin
Just for awareness. Nothing for the equinox team to do. bug 325755 Waiting for singing to work.
Status of 3.6.1 EPPs
- Ian and Pascal has been testing some of the EPPs and they seem to be working
- Markus has asked for additional testing on the EPPs
- There may be some issue with the modeling EPPs, Ian is investigating.
- unintentional loading of libraries.
- also exists for jar and vm if relative paths are used.
- Andrew is working on a patch for 3.7, will be needed for 3.6.2.
Mixing of 1.4 and 1.5 projects
- There are strange issues that can arise when mixing 1.4 with 1.5 projects where the 1.4 project depends on some generified API from the 1.5 project. For example, see (bug 305259 bug 323633 bug 325633 bug 324850)
- This has shown up when updating the framework (org.eclipse.osgi) with generified API.
- Seems to be only an issue if the 1.5 and 1.4 projects exist in the same workspace. If the 1.5 generified API is a binary in the target then the error is not observed.
- It does not appear to be causing too much confusion for p2 clients so far. Perhaps most p2 clients are already using 1.5 or the API in p2 does not cause the issue as much.
- Only actionable item for the Equinox team is to continue to open bugs against JDT->Core when similar bugs are found. JDT team has been very responsive in helping fix issues we reproduce.
Merging Equinox and p2 calls
- We would like to have the meeting early in the week (Monday or Tuesday)
- Looks like Monday at 3:00 PM EST is the best fit.
- Tom to send note on new proposed time.
- Jeff makes the point that attendance is sometimes low for the calls, what is expected, what can be improved.
- Set the agenda early so folks can attend when something is important to them.
- Need to send status to Tom each week for Wednesday eclipse team call.
- Should send not after each call pointing to minutes and pointing out important items discussed in meeting.