Create an e4 sample application
Applications based on the e4 platform can use JavaFX instead of SWT as a rendering technology. This tutorial will guide you through the creation of a media sample application.
- Setup a target platform for your application development:
- Open Preferences > Plugin-in Development > Target Platform
- Click Add ...
- Select "Nothing: Start with an empty target definition".
- Add ...
- Select Software Site
- Add http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-nightly/site as a site or http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-released/$VERSION/site where $VERSION should be replaced with the release you want to use
- Expand "FX Target" and check "Target Platform for Eclipse" and uncheck "Include required software"
- Finish and activate the new target.
- Run the New > Project ... JavaFX/Samples/e4 Media Application wizard. Choose a name for your project and leave the rest of the settings on their defaults.
- Launch the application using the generated launch configuration