Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
The unfortunately named "Eclipse Project" is the project dedicated to producing the Eclipse SDK. This name made sense back when there were only two or three projects at Eclipse, but now it is frequently referred to as the "Eclipse top-level project" to reduce confusion (or just "The Platform" when we're feeling grandiose). This project in turn is composed of five sub-projects: Platform, Java development tools (JDT), Plug-in Development Environment (PDE), e4, Equinox, and Orion. The Eclipse project is led by a PMC, and an architecture team made up of leads from each of the sub-project components.
- The Committer FAQs - List of useful pages for Eclipse developers
- Eclipse/Bug Tracking
- Eclipse/API Central
- Eclipse Project Update Sites
- Version Numbering
- Eclipse/Committers - Geographical locations of Eclipse project committers.
- Eclipse/Juno_Plan - Links to component milestone plans for the Juno release
- Eclipse/Indigo_Plan - Links to component milestone plans for the Indigo release
- Eclipse/UNC_Paths - Information on working with UNC paths
- Eclipse Project Rhythm