Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Eclipse DemoCamps November 2011/Vancouver
This year, we are trying something different. In the spirit of open-source and community, we are putting on the first ever Vancouver Eclipse Hackathon. Yes. A hackathon. We hope that all attendees will become Eclipse contributors by the end of the evening. Our goal is to provide enough small-ish bugs and feature requests such that all attendees can hack away and come up with a reasonable patch by the end of the evening. Attendees will break out into groups of 2 or 3 and get hands on support from a veteran of the project to help ensure that a patch can be completed.
So, bring your laptop and be ready to code!
Tides Renewal Centre, the Hollyhock room 400 – 163 West Hastings St Vancouver BC, V6B 1H5
Date and Time
November 15, 2011
5:00 pm until late (with a break for dinner).
Snacks, drinks, and an Eclipse birthday cake will be provided by our sponsors
- Andrew Eisenberg, VMware (email aeisenberg at vmware.com)
- Zoe Jong, Tasktop (email: zoe.jong at tasktop.com)
- Kate Sherwood, Tasktop (email: kate.sherwood at tasktop.com)
This Eclipse Demo Camp is being sponsored by:
Projects that will make an appearance at this hackathon. If you have a project that you can lead and want to be worked on, please contact one of the organizers.
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending please add your name and company to the list below. If you have any trouble with the wiki, just send an email to the organizers.
- Andrew Eisenberg: VMware, Canada
- Kate "Ducky" Sherwood: Tasktop, Vancouver, Canada
- Geoff Denning: Elastic Path, Vancouver, Canada
- Naresh Kumar: UBC
- Ronald Chen: Elastic Path, Vancouver, Canada
- Fabien Allanic: Vancouver, Canada
- Zeyu Deng: WorksafeBC, Vancouver, Canada
- Oliver Schneider: UBC
- Celso D. Siado: DFC Wireless, Vancouver, Canada
- Diane Tam: UBC
- Zhong Li: SFU
- Xiaying Peng: SFU
- Nick Sawadsky: UBC
- David Jin: UBC
- Curtis Muller: SFU
- Yee Shi: SFU
- Jim DeLaHunt: multi-lingual websites consultant (jdlh.com)
Getting started with Groovy-Eclipse development
Here's some information on how to get started with the Groovy-Eclipse code base: