Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Eclipse DemoCamps Galileo 2009/Darmstadt
The show is over ...
The Demo Camp was a great success. We had 9 cool demos, almost 100 attendees, a nice BBQ with good discussions between participants. It was really great fun to meet all here in Darmstadt.
A special thanks to all demo'ers: You all had a perfect time management, so we have been through with the demos time ahead. And: it was a demo camp with only few slides, and most of time demoing cool stuffy.
Please stay tunded at this wiki site, for links to photos, videos and slides.
Location and Date
This Demo Camp will be sponsored by Developer Garden, the developer portal of Deutsche Telekom AG.
Deutsche Telekom AG
Products & Innovation
Date: Tuesday, June 23 2009, 17:00 - 20:30
Find location in Google Maps Note: If you have been registered, there will be a free parking available for you. Follow the visitors path, tell your name and use visitor parking areas.
The demo camp will be located in our Forum, which is directly at main entrance to the building and registration desk.
New: The Eclipse Stammtisch has been replaced by a Get-Together BBQ after the Demo Camp in the same building. So no driving between "work" and "fun" is required. You don't have to register. Just stay after the demos for beer, sausages and some chatting.
For Bloggers and Users of Twitter, Flickr, etc.
In case you plan to blog or tweet about the Eclipse Demo Camp in Darmstadt, please use the tag "#democampdarmstadt" in order to make it easier to find all the comments and pictures via sites like @eventtrack. Thanks a lot for helping to promote the event!
Hint: how to register
You can add yourself to the list of presenters, attendees by modifying the corresponding section of this page. For that you need an Eclipse Bugzilla Account.
The easiest way to get such an account is to click on the "log in" link in the upper right corner of the DemoCamp Wiki page and follow the instructions to create a new Bugzilla account. Or go directly to . Once you have your account (e-mail address + password), you can log in (again: upper right corner). Returning to the Demo Camp page, you will find  links for each section (to the right of the section header) which allow you to add yourself to the respective list.
For Telekom employees: You can send an email to Jochen Hiller or Gerhard Halfwassen to register.
The final agenda is now ready. It is a tough agenda with lots of interesting topics and speakers. We hope you can enjoy the demos.
- 17:00 - 17:10 Thomas Mörsdorf (Senior Vice President Technology Management, Deutsche Telekom AG): Welcome
- 17:10 - 17:25 Achim Demelt (eXXcellent solutions gmbh): Modeling is fun!
- 17:30 - 17:45 Marcel Bruch (TU Darmstadt): Eclipse Code Recommenders -- How much can the IDE predict what you will write in the next seconds? Project Homepage
- 17:50 - 18:05 Horst Hermanns (Deutsche Telekom AG): Extending Subclipse -- Enhanced Branch-/Merge-Strategy.
- 18:10 - 18:25 Andreas Buchen (SAP AG): MAT - Eclipse Memory Analyzer
- 18:10 - 18:25 Michael Scharf (Wind River): A new View on Tables -- a flexible framework to show tabular data in SWT Tables and Trees (I have to present a scrum sprint demo that moved form Monday to Tuesday...)
- 18:25 - 18:55 Break
- 18:55 - 19:10 Mica J. Block (BIRT Exchange): Building Data Driven Reports for Eclipse-based Applications
- 19:15 - 19:30 Frank Gerhardt, Jochen Hiller (Deutsche Telekom AG): Dynamic OSGi application using Equinox
- 19:35 - 19:50 Gunnar Wagenknecht (AGETO): Equinox on Servers - An introduction to the Eclipse Gyrex project
- 19:35 - 19:50 James Branigan (Band XI International): Using OSGi and Equinox for Construction, Mining and Industrial applications.
- 19:55 - 20:10 Elmar Eperiesi-Beck (CORISECIO): secRT -- Equinox based SOA Security Framework - a future Eclipse Project
- 20:15 - 20:30 Oliver Wolf (Sopera GmbH): Eclipse Swordfish -- an Open Source SOA Runtime Framework for the Enterprise
- 20:30 - 22:00 Get-Together BBQ
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending please add your name and company to the list below. We'd like to see as many people show up as possible.
- Jochen Hiller, Deutsche Telekom
- Lars Vogel Date does not work for me
- Achim Demelt, eXXcellent solutions gmbh
- Frank Gerhardt
- Oliver Wolf, Sopera GmbH
- Marcel Bruch, Software Technology Group @ TU Darmstadt
- Erik Vonderheid, Prostep AG
- Bastian Baist, Prostep AG / h_da
- Alexander Degenstein, Prostep AG / h_da
- Gabriel Weis, Deutsche Telekom
- Claus Winter, Deutsche Telekom
- Ion Gherasim 
- Erik Meißner, Prostep AG
- Thomas Fischer, Seitenbau GmbH
- Stefan Eichenhofer, Seitenbau GmbH
- Jörn Hameister, Prostep AG
- Horst Hermanns, Deutsche Telekom AG
- James Branigan, Band XI International
- Brett Hackleman, Band XI International
- John Cunningham, Band XI International
- Elmar Eperiesi-Beck, CORISECIO GmbH
- Bruno Quint, CORISECIO GmbH cancelled due to other appointments
- Gunnar Wagenknecht, AGETO
- Michael Bock, Odisys GmbH
- Johann Hofmann, SAP AG
- Michael Mühlberg, SAP AG
- Michael Scharf, Wind River
- Sierk Schmittner, Capgemini sd&m AG cancelled due to other appointments
- Christian Osterburg Odisys GmbH
- Frank Zimmer SYRACOM AG
- Christian Stuebner SYRACOM AG
- Johannes Leebmann
- Jeremy Peel, Jeremy Peel, FOSSLC
- Martin Funk
- Gerd Aschemann
- Jürgen Kilian
- Ferenc Hechler
- Jamal Tikniouine, Sogeti Deutschland GmbH
- Dr. Martin Skorsky Software AG
- Karl Martin Kern, Seitenbau GmbH cancelled due to rescheduled appointments :-(
- Bernd Kolb, SAP AG
- Nuno Morgadinho
- Joerg Bullmann, Heilan' Coo
- Ana Aires
- Ralf Hammen, InteRes GmbH
- Christof Wildermuth, SAP AG
- Mehmet Erdogan, Prostep AG
- Stefan Hunsicker, Prostep AG
- Alessandra Nanni, Terma
- Klaus Pinkert, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Torsten Lodderstedt SYRACOM AG
- Jochen Liebau, Deutsche Telekom
- Andreas Teuber, TUD student
- Frank Appel, Heiler Software AG
- Johannes Feulner, fun communications
- Elmar Boos, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Sebastian Ebling, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Susan Iwai, EclipseSource
- Frank Jergl, Jergl Consulting
- Andreas Kasten, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Thomas Mauerhoff
- Michael Plevnik, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Olaf Schmitz, SCOOP Software GmbH
- Holger Schönemann, Solvatis GmbH
- Dirk Schnelle-Walka, JVoiceXML
- Andreas Flick, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Dietmar Schmidt
- Thomas Link
- Lothar Wieske, DB Systel GmbH
- Marco Ribke, Ribke Consulting
- Alexander Lang
- Zeljko Kovacevic
- Anton Taborszky
- Andreas Zieringer, VREC GmbH
- Thomas Johannsen, Odisys GmbH
- Erik Neumann
- Haralambie Dumistracel, media transfer AG
- Tim Jagenberg, Department of Computer Integrated Design @ TU Darmstadt
- Moritz Heuser, ABB AG
- Karsten Schmidt, SAP AG
- Mica J. Block, BIRT Exchange
- Birgit Küsel, Actuate
- Mathilde Reckert, Actuate
- Thomas Hohmann, Actuate
- Hamid Borna, Actuate
- Frank Michahelles, Actuate
- Katharina Streater, Actuate
- Enrico Schenk, Ingres Germany GmbH
- Vasile Bucur, Viamedici GmbH
- Bruckmann Klaus, FIDUCIA IT AG
- Martin Jung, SYRACOM AG
- Anke Kemmer, SYRACOM AG
- Kai Moritz, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Sebastian Fastner, fastner.it consulting
- Farischta Mangal, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Gerald Eichler, Deutsche Telekom AG Laboratories
- Dirk Jansen, Deutsche Telekom AG Laboratories
- Kashif Shah, Odisys GmbH
- Maik Görtz, TUD, Computer Science Student
- Johannes Lerch, TUD Computer Science Student
- Steffen Remus, TUD Computer Science Student
- Sebastian Kasten, TUD Computer Science Student
- Yann Karl, TUD Computer Science Student
- Klaus Mandola, verit Informationssysteme GmbH
- Verena Ebling, pawisda systems GmbH
- Dirk Jacob, fun communications GmbH
- Dietmar Schnabel
- Benjamin Jung cancelled due to other appointment
- Udo Hafermann, Software AG
- Christian Mohr, SAP AG
- Boris Gruschko, SAP AG
- Alexander Shtark, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Nadja Outmani, Software & Support Verlag
- Jörg Connotte, Business Operation Systems
- Jens Hertweck, SAP AG
- Hartmut Schlosser, Software & Support Verlag
- Lukas Mrokon, TUD
- Thilo Hagedorn, Deutsche Telekom AG
The Eclipse Stammtisch has been replaced by a Get-Together BBQ after the Demo Camp in the same building. No registration is required
Please register here if you intend to join the Eclipse Stammtisch. Deutsche Telekom will arrange a location in Darmstadt which can be reached by foot.