Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
EclipseLink is completely independent from, but also tightly integrated with the Oracle database. EclipseLink has extended support for most Oracle SQL, JDBC and database extensions.
EclipseLink's extended support for the Oracle database includes:
- TIMESTAMP (TZ, LTZ)'s
- Native batch writing
- Structured object-relational data-types
- PLSQL data-types and stored procedures
- VPD, RAC, proxy authentication
- XDK XML parser
- Hierarchical selects (Select by prior)
- Returning clause
- Flashback history and queries
- Stored procedures, output parameters and output cursors
- Stored functions
- Oracle AQ